• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 R1200RT and Washington State HWY 20 today

irishspirit

Had my first longer than normal ride today. I went from home in Woodinville, near Seattle and over HWY 2 to Leavenworth. Steven's pass was a bit cloudy and foggy, and about 40 degrees at the top. I had the heated grips and seat running. I didn't think I'd need the lower half insulation, but proved I was glad I had it with me. I made it to Leavenworth about 10AM. Had a coffee, and then headed on to Winthrop. The weather on the east side of the mountains was nice, but not too warm for this time of year. The warmest I noted was 72 degrees. As I turned up the valley at Pateros, it began to cloud up again. However the ride up the river towards Winthrop was beautiful. I fueled up in Winthrop at slightly over 220 on the odometer, and also ate a hotdog.

What can I say that hasn't been said about HWY 20, it's stunning. The top of the pass was 43 degrees and cloudy, but all senses were loving it. There was very little traffic and my bike and I took full advantage :brow I got home about 5:30 after 400 miles and I really wanted to keep on going. However, family and kids await. What a great way to take a day off! My bike clicked over 2000 miles total today.

One of the very best day rides in the Everwet State...that's fer shure...!

Looking forward to this route in another few weeks! :dance

Cheers!

Back