• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

California-Nevada-Oregon-Vancouver, BC/Stops??

mgordon

Coming back from LA tomorrow. Long days put me in 1) Lake Tahoe 2) Bend, OR, then home to Van.

Any suggestions? I have to arrive back in Vancouver on Sunday latest.

If you take Fourcats suggestion to ride through Twisp and the North Cascades highway, I'd also suggest using 395 through Oregon. North of Burns your into some fairly nice roads through Ponderosa pine forest almost all the way to Pendleton. Generally less traffic, somewhat curvier roads, and usually fewer patrol cars as well.

I travel frequently between Seattle area and the Reno region, I pretty much avoid 20 through Oregon, sorta boring and seems like I always see lots of officers handing out performance awards...

Have a good ride home!

Cheers!

Eastern Washington has got some good, lonesome roads throught the fields. Have breakfast at St. John, a small farming town. Or a cool one at Lind.

Attachments

• HPIM0442.jpg
    HPIM0442.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
From Tahoe once you get a few hours north their is a route 36 . Lots of articles on it and last year I rode it after I got off the 101 so I would recommend it to get to the coast and then that part of the 101 up into Oregon is beautiful. Rt 36 is 130 plus miles of twistie beautiful scenery from I-5 west. Don't miss this rode if you get the chance. When it connects to 101 Pch its also near the avenue of the giants

Have fun I'm from Pennsylvania and that part of my trip was one of the best

Took 14-395-97...all the way up to Yakima, then over to the i-5. Snoqualmie Pass really sucked...like going through a car wash! Mojave desert=amazing!

Took 14-395-97...all the way up to Yakima, then over to the i-5. Snoqualmie Pass really sucked...like going through a car wash! Mojave desert=amazing!

You live in Vancouver, so you understand.

The gray clouds and incessant rain keep the Californians away - which is just the way we like it.

Back