• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sunpass on Fla Turnpike

P

Peter_Krynicki

Someone asked me this...

"I've been researching Sunpass for our upcoming trip to KW, and found that we can't do the Sunpass mini on a motorcycle since it needs a glass windshield. The regular transponder is $25, something we don't want to buy since our tolls will probably be less than $25.

I've been looking at the Sunpass website and the Florida Turnpike website, and while they talk about the Toll by Plate option I can't find where to sign up for it. I'd like to sign up for it and put $25 on that account so we don't have to deal with service fees. I realize that we'll pay full price for tolls if we don't get the Sunpass, but I'm willing to do that.

Does anyone have info on how to sign up for the Toll by Plate and how to put money in that account? Thanks!"

Any help?
Thanks

The sunpass mini definitely does not work on a motorcycle. DMHIK...

The plate system seems to be geared toward the regular commuters between West Palm and Miami.

From the start of the Turnpike to West Palm there are only two toll plazas. From there south, I forget. I usually ride inland when I go to the Keys. 441 South to 80, 80 west to 27, 27 south to Krome Avenue. Krome to Homestead to 1 and the keys. Traffic on the turnpike is wild south of West Palm, avoid it if you can.

Back