• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

changing tires

Search???

First of all, welcome aboard. That said and surely not to be rude; but this topic has been discussed MANY times and next to what type of oil, the most confusing to the new..........

Anyway, up above, click "search". then "advanced", then "airheads", and then enter your topic, perhaps tires, and you will get enough information I hope to educate you on a few of the options.......Good luck and God bless........Dennis

don't buy

any brand that has a groove down the middle of the tire unless you like the out of control feeling you'll get on any road with rain grooves.

I absolutely agree with the previous post. He is exactly right about tires with the groove down the middle, such as the still-being-sold Continentals that originally came on many of the airheads. They are a nightmare on pavement with grooves in it. Probably why practically no tires have that tread style anymore.

The Bridgestone S11 front tire I have tracks well on grooves, grates and lane switching and has a groove down the middle. It is something else in the tire design. The original Continental tire was hard to control on grooves or lane switching. Same with ME33. The S11 tire is a good choice.

Your are opening a can of worms.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/search.php?searchid=1431018

Opinion on tires, oil, filter, have been hashed many times. Search for information that has been given.

I do not like Metzeler Lasertec, but then again that might be just me, and Snowbum.
I suggest you do not buy a front with a contentious grove down the center at the front Lasertec.

Last edited:
Back