• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos of YOUR Other brand Bikes

Bought this brand new out of the crate in early 1983. 1982 Suzuki GS850L. Hasn't let me down yet!

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 614
My Japanese GS.
PA090004.jpg

I go by Rocketman on the GS Forum. Wanted that same handle here, but there was already another "Rocketman" on MOA, so I had to add the li (for Long Island). That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And now that I know who you are, I definitely remember reading many of your posts over there. The world just got a lot smaller....again! As a matter of fact (depending on how long you've been there), remember a guy about 5 years ago named Doug Mitchel contacted us on the GS site about writing a new book about Japanese bikes? Well, my bike is featured on pages 228-229 of his book "Standard Catalog of Japanese Motorcycles 1959-2007". Guess my 'Zuke now has its 15 minutes of fame.

Attachments

• zuke (Medium).jpg
    zuke (Medium).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 598
I go by Rocketman on the GS Forum. Wanted that same handle here, but there was already another "Rocketman" on MOA, so I had to add the li (for Long Island). That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And now that I know who you are, I definitely remember reading many of your posts over there. The world just got a lot smaller....again! As a matter of fact (depending on how long you've been there), remember a guy about 5 years ago named Doug Mitchel contacted us on the GS site about writing a new book about Japanese bikes? Well, my bike is featured on pages 228-229 of his book "Standard Catalog of Japanese Motorcycles 1959-2007". Guess my 'Zuke now has its 15 minutes of fame.

Very cool...!

I joined in the summer of '06 and really don't remember that...and I think I would have...

(OK...I guess we should end this hijack:nyah)

My Ducati Sport 1000...
img_5159.jpg

My '02 Honda ST1100....
IMG_1109.jpg

My Ducati 996...
IMG_3829.jpg

Also have 3 old Honda CB550's that I'm trying to make into cafe racers. They're mostly in parts right now.

Boy, those pics of the Suzook GS's bring back memories. My first new street bike was an '80 850G, subsequently owned one more of those, 2 GS1000G's, and a Wes Cooley Rep as well. My wife rode an GS650G for a couple of years. Took me a long time to get me off a Suzook, pretty much bullet proof with the exception of the regulator/rectifier problems.

And the GS850GL, Suhweet!

Cheers!

PS...but none of those machines compares to my '04 R1100S!

My Alaska bike.

I didn't want to get my 1985 K100RT al dirty so I bought this V-Strom for a trip to Alaska. My friends said that it was so ugly that it looked evil. So I named it Vader the V-Strom as in Darth Vader. One picture is leaving and the other is returning from Alaska. It went though several car washes before I got home but there was alot of dirt on the inside. It was a good choice for the trip. Harold in Kansas

Attachments

• jpeg004.jpg
    jpeg004.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 644
Alaska Bike second try

Don't seem to be able to get two pictures in the same post

Attachments

• 002 (500x333).jpg
    002 (500x333).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 647
My 14 year old Son Seth and his Papa rode 8K miles in 18 days to Nova Scotia, Canada.

This picture was taken just 10 days ago at Cape Breton in the Maritime Provinces.

Apres-CFR-084-M.jpg

We attended Canadian FJR Owners Rally held in Fredericton, New Brunswick; here is Cabot Trail.

Apres-CFR-153-M.jpg

This pic was taken just a week ago today, Seth and Chuy heading down "17 Notch" in Vermont!

DSC0012-L.jpg

A random sampling of the flock:

Newest addition, Honda CBR250R
:
3d51cb5d.jpg

Couple of the little dirt bikes: Honda CRF230 and Kawasaki Super Sherpa:
6700-rd-jove-peak.jpg

Bringing home 1967 125cc Guzzi Stornello:

IMG_3062.jpg

Our first bikes, a pair of Honda Rebels. I use mine for commuting.

feedingthefish.jpg

Guzzi Breva and EV:
salmon-PO.jpg

Back