• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Beartooth Pass, WY/MT

STOKES73

In 2009 I did a 7,000 mile solo trip across the US then back through Canada. I saw a lot of amazing places but none as amazing as the Beartooth Pass, RT 212. Fantastic twisty ride of about 63 miles. While in Colorado my sister told me I had to see the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. IMHO if that is the Garden of the Gods then the Beartooth Pass is their playground.

I rode the pass West to East from Yellowstone in July. At the pass, 11,500, it was just slightly above freezing so dress appropriately and don't miss it if you get the chance.

If anyone is interested there are photos and videos of the trip at

http://2009greatwesternadventure.shutterfly.com

Nice!

Took a 5000 mile trip on my Honda Rebel in summer 2008. Yellowstone and Beartooth were part of the eastbound trip and Glacier was on the way back west.
Can't wait to do that again.

Did the Beartooth back in 2003 and have it on this years agenda again. My R1100RS bore some scrapes on the cylinder guards from those tight hairpin turns. Much fun :dance

Back