• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

quick turn signal question

I have a different problem: first the signals were still working but no indicate lights...then both stopped working?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

'74 90S, always check the flashers and such are working before riding. Never thought about checking to see what kind of bulb is in the bucket. Never look at dash to see if light is working. Can't remember if there is a dash indicator light. Always check with right thumb for flat position of blinker switch. Will have to check if that dash light is there or if it works. For some reason have always liked to old switch layout and function.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

'78 R100RS
Same problem as OP except my one flash and stop indicator didn't start until I installed Weiser Techniks three in one in the rear.
At the same time I installed LED tail light from Bob's BMW.
Weiser is checking into this but hasn't come up with an answer yet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:
I guess you mean '78 R100RS. From my limited understanding, if you use LEDs you've changed the feedback loop of the circuit. LEDs don't carry the current or have the same resistance as regular bulbs. The flasher senses that and it can affect the function. Snowbum talks about LEDs and parallel resistors at the top of this page:

https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/lamps.htm

Back