• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

To sheepskin or not

Sheepskin

Lots of good info. Thanks for all who replied. What to do, what to do. The Alaskan sheepskin looks good.. Now to decide on a Russell or an Alaskan

I had a Sheepskin and gave it away. I had Beads and gave them away also. The cure for me was a Russell Daylong Seat. No more problems period!!!

I am probably in the minority, but the Russell did not work for me. It cut off circulation to my right foot.

Harry

Got that sheepskin and no longerr use it. Sweaty hot in summer and not needed in winter around here. Use a bead rider for a cool butt in the humid stuff around here.

I had a sheepskin pad that I bought with my firsr BMW in '82, and loved it. Couple years ago I replaced it w Alaska leather pad and had the opposite reaction. It didn't "work" very well, AND it attracted flies!!:dunno.

But I'm gonna try and cheap out and use the baby sheepskin:thumb that our "baby" no longer sleeps on. I'm trying to figure out how to attach it, or who I can take it to to sew in some straps for under the seat.

I've used a sheepskin for many a mile, wouldn't leave home without one. When we got our Wing we bought a car sheepskin and cut it down to fit. I use generic sheepskins, nothing fancy or motorcycle specific. If you go the cheap route like me, make sure you DO NOT get a long hair skin, make sure it's short hair. Long hair skins do a poor job of keeping you cool. Just my 2 cents.

Forgot to mention, but you can wash it in the washer and dry it in the dryer for a feeling like NEW!:brad

Voni
sMiling

Forgot to mention, but you can wash it in the washer and dry it in the dryer for a feeling like NEW!:brad

Voni
sMiling

I use Woolite and a bucket then it drips dry to like new & refluffs itself. Hey, mine is covered in the rain too, but I kinda think its the size of my butt that does that ?:nyah

not so much

washed my alaska leather on gentle cycle ...destroyed it.

Last edited:
Back