• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best summer gloves?

indygt

67-year-old Teenager
The BMW summer gloves I bought at the Burlington, Vt. rally in 2006 are worn out.
Anyone have a suggestion for hot weather riding gloves?

I use the Lee Parks short summer gloves, soft as butter, grip like nothing else I have worn. Worth every penny... $80.00 ballpark...

I use Held Air Stream. Expensive ($129.00), but in my opinion worth it. Great quality and good air flow. Heldusa.com

Just ordered a set of these from Motorcyclegear.com...

Cannot wait to try them...

I ride in 95 degree heat routinely and this glove ventilates well while still offering good protection. You can get lighter shorter cut gloves but you end up with less protection and sun burned wrists.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-comet-gloves

revit_comet_gloves4_detail.jpg

i have a pair of BMW air flow II gloves, and although they are ok i wish the gauntlet was longer. i just ordered a pair of Held air stream gloves from New Enough.

i have a pair of BMW air flow II gloves, and although they are ok i wish the gauntlet was longer. i just ordered a pair of Held air stream gloves from New Enough.

Got mine the other day...these are nicely made gloves....

Of course I have the same problem I always have with gloves...if they are big enough my thumb fits, then the fingers are a little long...if the fingers fit, my thumb gets cramped....
Oh well...I went with a comfortable thumb...I can deal with a little excess finger length...

BMW Air is my preference until it gets silly hot. Then I switch to a lighter glove of same length that is fully fabric rear and single thickness palm but same length. Cost me $15/pair at the local Japanese bike dealer and are made in Pakistan. Not quite as protective but WAY cooler than other gloves noted in this thread so far.

The rest of my gloves are Held (Steve II), RevIt (a race glove and an intermediate waterproof glove), BMW (winter glove) or Gerbings (electric glove) , all good brands, but I caution about buying gloves by mail. Sizing and fit can be variable across brands and models despite any sizing guide published by a maker and its not rare to have either fatter or thinner fingers or a different distribution of finger length than the glove maker uses for the model you choose. The RevIt gloves, for example, fit markedly differently in the same size from one model to another- probably because they come from different makers. I try on gloves everywhere I go and keep mental notes on sizes and types so I can get what I want when I decide to purchase - some come from rally booths, some by mail from makers whose stuff I've tried at rallies, others from local shops.

Last edited:
...but I caution about buying gloves by mail. Sizing and fit can be variable across brands and models despite any sizing guide published by a maker.

We have one local shop that has a decent selection of gloves...most of ours came from there...
Although I have no fear of buying from motorcyclegear.com as their return policy is outstanding....
We often just buy two sizes of whatever gear we need and send back the one that isn't right...

I have to say, the Held gloves fit very well using their on-line sizing guide....

BMW "Rallye 2" gloves have worked out well for me and are my default summer gloves. They have good knuckle protection, flow a lot of air, and have resisted falling apart.

I stay away from the cheapo summer gloves because of bad experiences with them turning my hands black.

Harry

I use and love my BMW Air Flow IIs. I have fairly small hands and have no gauntlet length issue. Every now and then I try other gloves but these feel like they were made for me! :dance

+1 on the Held Air Stream. Nice air flow, perf-ed fingers, good gauntlet length, reasonable protection for the palm heel, and ooooooooo the kangaroo material on the palm is sooooo nice! I was a bit concerned that there was no wrist strap, but after using them, I realize they fit perfectly and are quite secure on my hands.

Used a combo of my Revzilla bucks and the BMWMOA Rally $15 gift card and got the Air Streams for ~$85!

Back