• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a Picture of Your K16

Let the party begin

Picked up a 2014 K1600GT with 12K miles. Look forward to meeting some of you on my travels. Lets see how many we can rack up on this.K1600GT Driveway.jpg

My first trip back to the Dragon in about 20 years, on my new to me Grand America. Photo by Killboy.

IMG_20211014_213724_743.jpg

Last edited:
Is that custom paint ?

Nope, it's a factory color for the 2018 Grand America, Austin Yellow Metallic.

I bought the bike used and put a down payment on it, before driving 6 hours to pick it up. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but as soon as I saw it in person, I loved it. It's a little wild for me, but I get compliments on it all the time.

Sometimes it looks green, sometimes it looks yellow. This is an unedited photo from my phone on my last trip.

PXL_20211012_174135286.MP.jpg

Interesting how it looks like a straight yellow in those light conditions.

I believe Killboy uses filters and maybe HDR to enhance colors. All of his posted photos are awesome shots with vibrant colors. He does great coverage of the dragon and has for decades.

Glad for the warmer weather!

062AA487-1374-44E3-B2B3-2F36CCEC504C.jpg

Attachments

• 22AAD923-2C31-46FF-A5E4-F08D8FB413E9.jpg
    22AAD923-2C31-46FF-A5E4-F08D8FB413E9.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 131
  • C3438D69-BBAE-4A0D-9A87-7539854ED355.jpg
    C3438D69-BBAE-4A0D-9A87-7539854ED355.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 134
Lunch with the Devil

Summer 2021 Devils Tower. A bit hazy from wildfire smoke and a few bugs from the ride from Olympia.

Devils Tower.jpg

Couple of BMW's

SO the wife and I use to ride a lot...We got the ATV bug and traded in our Harleys for ATV's. That lasted about 3 years and wished for two wheels again. Moved to Denver last year from Kansas City and went "Window Shopping" for new bikes. As you know, Window Shopping is just a poor excuse to buy something new :laugh. So while the wife was looking at the various new BMW's, I was just wandering around the dealership. While there, it was recommended to at least take a ride. So off the we go (one 1250RT and the K1600B). Rode for about an hour, on both and fell in love with the B. As she was wandering around the dealership, she seen the Blue K1600B and even thought it was used, she had to have the blue and left me the green one.
This ride we started on a whim in March on a nice Saturday around 11 AM and decided to see the "Welcome to Colorado" sign at the New Mexico border. Got a little cold when we pulled into the garage at 8 PM when the temp gauge read 38 degrees on the dashboard. Both seat and hand grips were at full heat. Lucky we had warm gloves/jackets with us on that ride. Green and Blue.jpg

Back