• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Music to My Ears 2010 RT

Old Rider - OK Mechanic
I have a 2010 RT with the radio option. I would like to get that sound and any ipod I connect to it to my helmet wireless. I know nothing about this audio stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

For what it's worth - I have linked my mp3,cell phone, the radio in my RT and my Sena 10 together. For the spoken word, the Sena's are wonderful. For what they charge for that technology the speakers are a major disappointment for music. The Sena helmet speakers are for all practical purposes useless as a music speaker. They really need to update their technology.

Well, the Cardo Scala Rider speakers are no better! & by that token, the Schuberth setup is in the same boat...

I have been told that the Autocom speakers sound great, but have not heard them in anything else other than the demo headphones, which sound an awful lot like my Sennheisers with music, doubt they sound that good on the road though.

If you want the bass that is missing, it takes more power and that would eat into battery life on those bluetooth widgies. No free lunch to be had...there is a reason the makers use what they do.

An alternate approach is too fit an earbud if you can stand one in your ears all day. That lowers power requirements.

If you want the bass that is missing, it takes more power and that would eat into battery life on those bluetooth widgies. No free lunch to be had...there is a reason the makers use what they do.

An alternate approach is too fit an earbud if you can stand one in your ears all day. That lowers power requirements.

Yeah, I ended up cutting the speakers off & bought some molded ear plugs/monitors. Just the single driver ones, I might upgrade to the dual driver to get better sound if I like these.

Sena works great, you don't have to cut off the speakers, just get the mounting plate that allows you to plug in ear buds.

Back