• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW service in Central NH

pjjj3386

After 20 years away from riding, I just bought a 1985 k100s with about 30,000 miles.

Can anyone recommend a good place for service in the area? I live in Campton, NH. I know MaxBMW has a good rep, but I'd rather not have to ride for 2 hours for service.

Thanks!!

BMW Service

Unfortunately there are not a lot of BMW Dealers and Service Centers in the area that you are in. Max BMW in Portsmouth is the closest, but the good news is that depending on how much work you are having done and how many miles away from Max you live, you may qualify for their pick up and delivery program. You may want to call them and see if you qualify, then they would send out one of their trucks to pick up your bike, do the work and return it to you. They are genuinely good people to deal with and will treat you right.

Campton is a great area, the Yankee Beemers are having their annual Pemi River
Rally the week after next there. Check it out and meet some fellow riders. Always a great time. Maybe I'll see you there. Good luck with your bike. Don

http://www.yankeebeemers.org/Pemi_River.html

Trailer

Don't know what level of service is required to make it profitable for Max to run one of it's haulers all the way up to Campton but pretty sure it's more than I could afford. Got a service manual for our new to us R bikes and will have to wing it. Time wise Second Wind may be closer. Just put some light mods on a Lowes trailer to haul our bikes here across 3a from Newfound Lake if that could be of any help.

http://www.affordablebeemerservices.com/

Chris Harris is a certified BMW wrench (used to work for Second Wind) and operates Affordable out of a small shop behind his house in Manchester NH.

He does good work and is cheaper than the dealers.

I used him a few times and had good results.

But I now do all my own work at home- bought a lift this spring that really helps.

I am about 30 min. north of you in Sugar Hill. I could always give you a hand with some work on your brick.

Last edited:
And the Granite State BMW Riders have their breakfast at the Sunset Grill right there in Campton on the 2nd Sunday of the month - 11:30.

Muriel

Welcome to another NH K-bike reentry rider! Over 25 years for me off bikes and got a 93 K75RT last September (22K miles). Hope to catch you on the road sometime!

Carl

http://www.affordablebeemerservices.com/

Chris Harris is a certified BMW wrench (used to work for Second Wind) and operates Affordable out of a small shop behind his house in Manchester NH.

He does good work and is cheaper that the dealers.

I used him a few times and had good results.

But I now do all my own work at home- bought a lift this spring that really helps.

I am about 30 min. north of you in Sugar Hill. I could always give you a hand with some work on your brick.

I second Chris @ Affordable Beemer Services. Chris is a stand up guy that does quality work on our beemers. His rates are very reasonable and he even photo documents all the work done on your bike so you can see what he did. Well worth the trip IMO. The folks over at Second Wind have also been very helpful for my father and I.

Thanks for the replys!

I ended up using Chris at affordables for some work and was happy with his work. He is an interesting guy to do business with, and the photo gallery is a usefull tool.

And he will pick up and deliver at a reasonable rate if he has other business in the area.

Sunset Grill August 14th

:banghead I just noticed.......Our club picnic August 14th conflicts with our Sunset Grill meeting. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? This is the 2nd time this conflict has occurred. I had invited some hopefull new members to join us at the Grill on the 14th. :violin :scratch :dunno

Back