• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

anyone riding to rally from Orlando, Tampa area ?

I plan to be riding up from Merritt Island over on the Space Coast. I do several trips per year from here up into either NC or TN and sometimes beyond. I have some preliminary ideas about routes. But I'm still researching and fine tuning some of the ideas.

I will be leaving Jacksonville,FL on the 17th of July. I plan on taking the 2 lane route go up thru Raliegh, NC and follow RT 15 on up to the Rally. Should arrive before/by Wednesday depending on scenery, road conditions, and my appetite for good food.

I am riding from Miami, Florida. Hope to start my trip on July 17th.
Have to be in Philadelphia on the 20th to pick up my better half.
I was thinking about Bloomsburg 1000, but I have to make few stops on my way to the Rally.
So, maybe next time.:blush

P.S. Anybody wishes to join me, as always... WELCOME.:bikes

Presuming I don't pull a consulting job at that time, I will be riding from Melbourne, FL and would love to hook up with the group heading to Bloomsburg. Don't know anyone from the MOA, but I'm very experienced. Riding an '04 R1150RT.

Presuming I don't pull a consulting job at that time, I will be riding from Melbourne, FL and would love to hook up with the group heading to Bloomsburg. Don't know anyone from the MOA, but I'm very experienced. Riding an '04 R1150RT.

Forget about consulting job.:D
After the Rally you will find many, many jobs, but there is only "ONE" MOA Rally per year.:bikes

Forget about consulting job.:D
After the Rally you will find many, many jobs, but there is only "ONE" MOA Rally per year.:bikes

Well... If there is a Florida "meet up" point that gets established, I'd like to know about it. Please feel free to PM.

I'm still in the planning process, but have pretty much established a plan to leave here (Merritt Island) at about sunrise on Tuesday, 7/19. Nice easy run up to High Country Motorcycle Campground at Cruso, NC (just north of the BRP on US 276). Following day use mostly I-81 for expediency and hit Bloomsburg before dinner time.

Pretty much a straightline route from here. Approx 12 hours the first day and about 10 the second day. I was at the same campground in May and love the place. Excellent breakfasts and dinners on site. 3000 ft elevation, so reasonably cool at night.

Oh yeah, after Jax, my route is off the slab until I have to get back on I-81 the second day. Neither I nor my airhead really like slabbing it anywhere.

Has anyone done anything further as far as getting together a group to ride with? I checked with the BMWNEF and their only response is that several people are going up either with friends or solo, so check with them. Of course, I don't know any of them to check with.

Back