• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

16th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
An event so good we don't even advertise it in the Airmail, but I'll open it up to some of my MOA fellow riders to the extent that we have space available. Attendance is limited to about 125 people. Pre registration is strongly suggested. We usually have to turn people away at the gate. A good opportunity to air out your tent and sleeping bag prior to Bloomsburg. Hope to see you there.

Michael Friedle
MOA 15249
Airheads 46

16TH ANNUAL "AIRHEADS AT THE AERODROME" CAMPOUT
Mid Hudson Valley, New York
June 24-26, 2011

This year we will be celebrating our sixteenth year of fun at Dutchess County Wilcox Park, located one mile east of the Taconic Parkway on Route 199 in Milan, NY.

Come join us for two nights camping with lots of shaded camping space.
Clean restrooms, free hot showers, covered pavilion, swimming lake, boating and fishing lake, fields, hiking trails and many great local riding roads. Renowned Chef Karla will once again prepare her fabulous Saturday night steak dinner (ONLY for those whose pre-paid pre-registrations are postmarked by 10 June 2011). There are restaurants and stores about 8 miles east in Pine Plains, NY or 10 miles west in Rhinebeck, NY for those who choose not to pre-register or wish to fix their own meals. Cooking and campfires on site are permitted.

All brands of motorcycles are welcome, not just BMW airheads, but please, NO LOUD PIPES. There will also be an informal swap meet for those who wish to bring along motorcycle related parts to sell. Swap meet vendor spaces are free. You can still ride to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome on Saturday afternoon for an amazing air show. (Air show admission not included in the rally fee, www.oldrhinebeck.org) This year we will also offer the choice of a self-guided ride to the newly opened 85,000 sq. ft. Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh, NY featuring over 300 motorcycles and other attractions, like a Wall of Death ride. www.motorcyclepediamuseums.com. This new attraction will be to motorcycling what the Aerodrome is to flying! Not to be missed!

Motor home/camper electrical and water hookup spaces are limited, so please pre-register early. Parking for four wheelers and trailers is available on site. Contact me for local lodging information for the camping challenged. Note: Campers, motor homes and trailers are not permitted on the Taconic Parkway. Contact me for alternate routes to the site.

Last year, once again, we had to turn a few people away at the gate because this event is that good and space is still limited. EARLY pre-registration is strongly suggested! DonÔÇÖt wait, mail your check today.

Cost for the weekend camping (including Saturday night dinner for the
pre-registered) is only $25.00 per person, children 12 and under are
admitted free. Please make your checks out to ÔÇ£Michael FriedleÔÇØ All BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Questions, directions, information or to pre-register, Michael Friedle, 8 College Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603; 845-473-1337; mfriedle@verizon.net. Please include an e mail address, or phone number, with your check so I may confirm your registration. See you there soon.

Sat nite dinner Only?

I was talking to a few friends and they plan on attending the Dinner only.
Could you tell me how much the dinner alone would cost, along with admission for the day if there is any?
thanks
PS I re-read your post and it looks like they must of preregistered!
thanks again.

Last edited:
16th Airheads at the Aerodrome

Thanks for the interest in the Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering.

This is a weekend gathering featuring a Sat night full steak dinner for pre registered campers. It is not a picnic. =8^)

It is possible that somebody might have paid the pre registration fee, but only intend on coming for the dinner. Even at that, they will be receiving more than their money's worth.

The dinner buffet table stretches almost 80 feet long featuring steak, sausages, vegetarian entries, homemade dishes such as golden rice, potato salad, red beans, green salads, bread and butter, fresh fruits and a variety of baked goods...and probably some other things fabulous chef Karla might bring to the table.

That's the good news. The bad news is that we are fully booked! There is always next year.

Friedle

Wish I Could Be There!

Although I've never been able to attend this gathering, the culinary delights of Chef Carla are known throughout the Airhead kingdom. Some time in the future I will be there!

Back