• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Bloomsburg 1000

1000 ironbutt ride

ALAN here in S. Fl. I want to leave from Tamarac Fl ( this is home for me) 33319 on Sunday the 17th. Leaving from Jacksonville isn't even 1000 miles to Bloomsburg. What is that all about?? And what is with this WITNESS stuff all about? I thought all I needed was a gas station receipt from where I filled up before I started my adventure w/the date and time on it. Couldn't sign up on the form because it will not let me select MY date.:banghead

ALAN here in S. Fl. I want to leave from Tamarac Fl ( this is home for me) 33319 on Sunday the 17th. Leaving from Jacksonville isn't even 1000 miles to Bloomsburg. What is that all about?? And what is with this WITNESS stuff all about? I thought all I needed was a gas station receipt from where I filled up before I started my adventure w/the date and time on it. Couldn't sign up on the form because it will not let me select MY date.:banghead

Alan, I originally had the same misgivings and communicated them to Rob Nye. I went back and re-audited the mileage and compared it to my real world mileage in May that covered basically the first half of the trip on the most direct route possible up the east coast of FL. I couldn't find a way to do it from Jax in under 1000 miles upon closer scrutiny.

Refer back to our exchange from about posts #8 to about # 10 or so in this thread.

I've done one SS100 so far. For a witness just find a colleague or LEO that you know that will be working the shift when you plan to depart. In my case it was as simple as getting a former colleague at Canaveral Port Authority where I used to work who would be on the overnight shift at my 0330 departure one day and my return 18+ hours later. Gas receipts from a station just outside the gates. Easy peasy; just do a little homework.

Greetings,

To clarify if you select Jacksonville, FL as your starting location you will need to also get a receipt from Charleston, WV.

You are correct that Jax to Bloomsburg isn't 1000 miles which is why we will require the receipt.

You do not need to complete a start witness form however we will witness the end of your ride. Simply get a computer generated start receipt clearly showing the following:

Location (City and State)
Time and date

That's it. It doesn't even have to be for gas but it must be computer generated and unaltered.

You can start anytime after Saturday July 16 and 11:00 Thursday July 21.

SS1000 starting point

Good morning Alan from Lakeland Fl here. Instead of starting from Jacksonville can I start from Lakeland Fl, go through Charleston and on to the rally?

I'm looking at a few along 75 north of 69.

I need to send a scout to get me a receipt then I can lock it in.

Best,

Rob Nye

Any update yet as to the Appleton starting point? Are there any required stops along the way?

I did a map quest routing through Chicago and that comes to a shade under 900 miles, So? will I need to circle the block a couple of times in Bloomsburg to get my odometer to read 1000 miles? should I decide to take that route?

Mel

Any update yet as to the Appleton starting point? Are there any required stops along the way?

I did a map quest routing through Chicago and that comes to a shade under 900 miles, So? will I need to circle the block a couple of times in Bloomsburg to get my odometer to read 1000 miles? should I decide to take that route?

Mel

Good morning.

For the Appleton starting point riders will be required to get a computer generated receipt from the Express Stop (Sunoco) in Pinconning, MI.

Best,

Rob Nye

Good morning.

For the Appleton starting point riders will be required to get a computer generated receipt from the Express Stop (Sunoco) in Pinconning, MI.

Best,

Rob Nye

Hi Rob

And if I decide to take the southern route via Chicago? Do I just plan a route that is at least 1000 miles?

Is there a receipt requirement at some point of the southern route

Thanks Mel

Hi Rob

And if I decide to take the southern route via Chicago? Do I just plan a route that is at least 1000 miles?

Is there a receipt requirement at some point of the southern route

Thanks Mel

If you take the southern route you will still need to get a receipt from Pinconning.

Bloomsburg1000

Rob,

Will there be an Official at the Official End of the Bloomsburg1000 to
check in to and file your paper with.

Rob,

Will there be an Official at the Official End of the Bloomsburg1000 to
check in to and file your paper with.

Yes and no. :D

To stop the clock we request that you get a timed receipt from any location in Bloomsburg. If you don't get a timed receipt you run the risk of having the clock run out while you're looking for the office or we're out to lunch, taking a potty break or had to close up for a few minutes for some crazy reason.

Remember for timing it is the computer generated receipts that count, not witness forms. On a ride where you would need a start witness you can get this taken care of the night before you leave as it's the receipt that defines the start time.

When you get to the rally site come to the IBA office with your bike and we'll witness there. Conversely you could ask any MOA Ambassador to be your witness except A) if you are an Ambassador or B) The Ambassador did the ride with you.

Attn Springfield riders and folks coming in from the west; the Springfield Road Riders have made arrangements for a discounted rate at the Holiday Inn off I 44.

SPRINGFIELD - I-44
2720 NORTH GLENSTONE AVE SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI 65803 United States
Hotel Front Desk: 1-417-865 8600 Hotel Fax: 1-417-862 9415

There is a 24hr gas station with good receipts for your start witness.

To get a special rate at the hotel please call the front desk and tell them you are with the Bloomsburg 1000. If they can't find the file the contact is:

Candace Ledbetter
Executive Meeting Manager
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
(417) 522-2671 - Direct Line

Rally Site Witness

I was considering leaving from Jacksonville Saturday evening for an early evening arrival at the Rally site. Will there be an IBA office at the site for the witness that day or do we wait until the Rally opens.

Rob;

is it necessary for everyone to pre-register online or can they pay at the rally site?

Thanks

Ken Foster IBA#44567

I was considering leaving from Jacksonville Saturday evening for an early evening arrival at the Rally site. Will there be an IBA office at the site for the witness that day or do we wait until the Rally opens.

I will be at the rally site Monday helping with set-up. I'll be camping in the club camping area and running around in a gator (co chair of the 123 - sanitation committee) so if you find me I'll be happy to witness.

Your witness form can be signed by any set-up volunteer but make sure you get their cell phone number in case we audit your ride.

Rob;

is it necessary for everyone to pre-register online or can they pay at the rally site?

Thanks

Ken Foster IBA#44567

Ken,

Sorry but you need to pre-register. The certificates are printed in advance and shipped to the rally. We will not have a way to generate certificates on site.

Good deal Rob....Already registered.
Thanks for the reply...question was for another clubmember who does not
"computer".

I'll get him registered. Thanks

Avoid Appleton route through Chicago (traffic)

Those of you who live in Chicago can attest the roads are quite congested, unless you're passing through at 1 AM. Starting Appleton, WI, heading north around 'da big Lake, down through MI, makes a prettier/scenic route, as well as keeping the MPH up.

Someone else asked for tips because they haven't done this before. I believe the rule says "24 hours" and does not prohibit starting at 11 AM, driving for 10 hours, stopping at a hotel for a quickie 3 or 4 hour "nap," then waking at 3 AM to finish the ride. Much safer with a good nap! (please correct me if I'm misled)

__ATGATT
Dan

Route for IBA SS 1000 departing Rally Wed 6am?

Where can I find route details for the IBA SS 1000 departing BMWMOA Rally Wed 6am?

Do I need to preregister or can I register on Tuesday?

Thanks,
Chris Skor

Back