• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

insurance

At the show

I won't go into details but I would suggest those considering Progressive do some research on the allegiences of the CEO and what organizations they support. You may be shocked or you may be delighted. Either way, be informed on where your money goes between claims.

They were the sponsors of the bike show in Greenville, SC; one look at their brochure convinced me I did not want to do business with them. A pirate on a chopper with no helmet or gear...yeah right; I can identify with that.

I won't go into details but I would suggest those considering Progressive do some research on the allegiences of the CEO and what organizations they support. You may be shocked or you may be delighted. Either way, be informed on where your money goes between claims.

I'm not happy with the CEO. However, I just renewed. My bill went DOWN $40 and they added disappearing deductible. I paid $216 for full coverage with high limits liability on my 03 R1200CLC and high limits liability on my 86 R80RT. Plus I am now a "Diamond-level" member for the period of time I have been with them. It says it gives me accident forgiveness, $3,000 accessory coverage with no depreciation and guaranteed renewal.

I'm not happy with the CEO. However, I just renewed. My bill went DOWN $40 and they added disappearing deductible. I paid $216 for full coverage with high limits liability on my 03 R1200CLC and high limits liability on my 86 R80RT. Plus I am now a "Diamond-level" member for the period of time I have been with them. It says it gives me accident forgiveness, $3,000 accessory coverage with no depreciation and guaranteed renewal.

I've done the research that was previously suggested and now having read your post I'll be looking into progressive for my future insurance

I was a progressive customer for several years. I changed bikes last December. They gave me coverage for the new bike at a decent rate. When I got the bill to renew the policy in Feb on the same bike the cost had gone up by 50%. When I asked why since I was a "diamond member", no tickets, no accidents, no claims either they just said it was because I had a new bike. I then asked why when the bike was new in December the cost did not go up by that margin I was told that was the new rate, pay up. I changed companies to the same one that insures my RV and tow vehicle. The cost of the coverage with the same expanded limits was 1/3 what progressive wanted. Flo and her ins co can kiss my grits.

Whats the BIG secret? I have Progressive as it was the cheapest I could find and by far at that- after seeing my American Modern(they write several brands out of Cinn,OH) go up several yrs ago. Is the CEO a Commie or what?:scratch

I think an insurance company is only as good as the agent you deal with. I started with my company over 25 years ago when my agent was just starting out, best thing I ever did. I had three claims with him over those years and everything was handled quickly and to my satisfaction. He retired, his agency was taken over by another, and my wifes new car was damaged. It was like pulling teeth just to get the car looked at. I left.
I don't care if a company CEO dresses in ladies underwear and dates sheep if his company has what I want and the price is right he has my business. I believe that age, driving record, and credit score (why?) have more to do with your premiums than anything else.
Insurance companies are like rabbits, you can jump one up anywhere. I won't be jerked around by one, I'll just move on.

Back