• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pinstripping & Graphic Painting Vendors

toddthom

This will be my fisrt Rally I've attended. I've heard that there are ususally painters on hand to do pin striping or graphic art applicaitons on our bikes. is this the case and are the lines usually very long to do this. I'd love to do some simple flames on ym fairing body panels.

I've been thinking of a R69S project and am hoping that the guy who did this little beauty will be there. Or if he can't make it, maybe his brother Daryl can. BTW, does anyone know the best way to convert a plunger rear end to a rigid?

Attachments

• HRCC_Tank_Black_Lace_Girl.jpg
    HRCC_Tank_Black_Lace_Girl.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 372
While he wasn't painting pictures like that, there was a guy at finger lakes a few years back. He stayed quite busy doing lettering and pinstriping.

Russ Mowry, who does excellent work, has been at the last few rallies. If he's in Lima (which he probably will be because it's close to his home base in NJ) check in with him early and get yourself scheduled.

Marilyn Roberts
St. Louis
R1150R, K75

Mar said:
Russ Mowry, who does excellent work, has been at the last few rallies. If he's in Lima (which he probably will be because it's close to his home base in NJ) check in with him early and get yourself scheduled.

Marilyn Roberts
St. Louis
R1150R, K75

Thanks agent 169, I need letter since I exploded the lettered bike last year.

BouncinBob said:
Thanks agent 169, I need letter since I exploded the lettered bike last year.

That is a slight understatement. I think decimated might be better. I am just happy you "walked away." :thumb

i had russ do my bike at the midland, mi rally. i let him do his thing while i was attending a few seminars and when i came back, i was very happy with what he had done. he stays busy, so i wasn't the only one that appreciated his artistic abilities. i think i spent $250 for all that he did on my bike. he also did my helmet to match what he painted on my bike. i will be looking to get a new r1200rt at the end of this year and i'm hoping that he will be at the vermont rally to do his magic on the new bike.

pete

Pin Striping

I also had my bike detailed by Russ the pin stripes and "nose art" are doing great, no problems and it looks fine. I have seen Russ at Every Rally since then and he seems to enjoy our rally.

Rick" Warbird" K120lt :clap []

steve-o said:
Well come on you guys - show us some pics already! (And put my sarcastic a$$ post to shame.)
Steve-O
Oh, you weren't serious? I had all the spec's to do that plunger conversion all ready to post. What a disappointment...

Pix as requested

If this is the Russ everyone is talking about -- here he is working on my K12RS last year. He WAS very busy last year and I actually got in line early on the very first day. I have gotten a number of compliments on the work...

steve-o said:
Well come on you guys - show us some pics already! (And put my sarcastic a$$ post to shame.)
Steve-O

Attachments

• artist.jpg
    artist.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 114
NancyK - I'm likin' that Brutus thing. Looks like Russ just might do nice work. I especially dig the bug splats he did around the headlight - very realistic.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Steve

Back