• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

NY to PA day/overnight ride

DAVEJENKINS2

Hey all:

I am going to be heading to PA this coming Sat (May 28) for a day trip into PA and an overnight stay, then a ride back to Rochester.

I was thinking about the Central PA area. Any suggestions on a ride that would end up in the Mansfield, Williamsport, Brockway, and Bradford areas?

I was thinking a nice ride, maybe some scenic runs, stop somewhere nice for dinner, a small town, somewhere to enjoy a good meal and a glass of wine, rest in a comfy place, get up the next day, get a nice breakfast, and then a nice ride back into NY..

Thoughts?

Hey all:

I am going to be heading to PA this coming Sat (May 28) for a day trip into PA and an overnight stay, then a ride back to Rochester.

I was thinking about the Central PA area. Any suggestions on a ride that would end up in the Mansfield, Williamsport, Brockway, and Bradford areas?

I was thinking a nice ride, maybe some scenic runs, stop somewhere nice for dinner, a small town, somewhere to enjoy a good meal and a glass of wine, rest in a comfy place, get up the next day, get a nice breakfast, and then a nice ride back into NY..

Thoughts?

White deer Motel, just S of Williamsport is my home base when I travel there, clean mom and pop. Best meal is 10 miles away at Orlandos, in Muncy PA, GREAT food!

Another favorite, but a pub atmosphere is the Bull Frog Brewery in Williamsport.

Next question, how twisty do you like it? Small roads? I know every road N of 80, west of 81, east of Dubois pretty well.

Thanks! I'll look it up....

As for roads, Not highway or two lane like some of 15/11 still is but maybe a step down from that? A nice ride that is scenic but not where you have to focus on the road 100% of the time....

Does that help?

if you like, email me and I can pick your brain more....

What about a bit further South? I'd like to make a bit of a loop somewhere and stop a little more than halfway.....

Thanks! I'll look it up....

As for roads, Not highway or two lane like some of 15/11 still is but maybe a step down from that? A nice ride that is scenic but not where you have to focus on the road 100% of the time....

Does that help?

if you like, email me and I can pick your brain more....

let me mark up a map, I go for the tight and twisty stuff, but there is lots of more meandering roads and some great views.

Hey all.....sorry I have not been on here a lot. Between work and other things, my Forum time is usually limited...LOL

Anyway, a couple months ago, I stayed in Wellsboro. GREAT town! Stayed at the Penn Wells, rode around town, did a couple loops....One was West out of Wellsboro to Galeton, South on 144, East on 44, hit 414 North to 287 and back into Wellsboro. Very nice ride! Great hills and nice roads....The second day, we went to the PA Grand Canyon and hiked for a couple hours. Then, decided to zip up to Rt 6 and go to Coudersport. Nice run there too!. Came back to Wellsboro, grabbed a movie, ate at some very nice places, and just relaxed.....

Looking to plan a ride on Labor Day weekend now.........just gotta pick a place to go......

Looking to plan a ride on Labor Day weekend now.........just gotta pick a place to go......

How about the Fingerlakes bmw rally in Watkins Glenn? I have been going there for about 4 years now and my uncle and friends for 25+ and it is a great time.

Back