• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rain gloves

ultracyclist

It seems that every year products get bigger, better, faster, deeper...and so on.

What are you using for rain gloves?

I rode 6 hours is rain and 40 degree temps last Sat. Not fun.

Attachments

• 442_2ha_b_orange.jpg
    442_2ha_b_orange.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 564
I have these Aerostitich glove covers too. They work great! I wear them over my Gerbing heated gloves and I have had no problems with them at all. As an added bonus, my 9 year old daughter really digs the lobster claw look.

I wear the Alpinestar Gortex gloves. I've had them for three years now & have rode in about 15,000 miles of rain & never once got wet. I have almost 100,000 miles on these gloves & they are still in good shape.

Let me add to this because I'm looking for some as well. Is there a pair out there that offers good prtection but isn't made for Antarctica. Can good leather gloves be made for rain in the southeast?

I like the aerostich covers in black.

+4 on the Aerostich rain covers. I got the unlined orange one's as I felt the color would help me to be seen in inclement weather. They also have a lined version (or at least they used to, haven't checked in a while) if you need additional warmth.

I carry the StichÔÇÖ Triple Digit rain gloves as a back up when I tour. Most of the time I use the BMW Summer Pro gloves.

I'm on my second set, I really like them

i-Xd5QZZW.jpg

I use the BMW Summer Rain Gloves, probably an ancestor of the Summer Pro Gloves - they look the same. Light, breatheable and watertight. If it's cold, I add silk liners. If it's too cold for liners and heated grips, I take the car.

Ya know, you Santa Cruz guys are too funny...

...postings from California about cold weather.:scratch

Not to hijack my own thread, but spend some time riding in the frozen tundra when it is thawing out. Like this last weekend.

I am sure that we will now hear from a club member who rides in the Arctic Circle in December.:bolt

That won't work next week when we ride up to Seattle to get the seat on your new bike built. :D
Look at some weather sites: it's actually warmer and drier up there now than it is here. I'll be taking my swimsuit.

It seems that every year products get bigger, better, faster, deeper...and so on.

What are you using for rain gloves?

I rode 6 hours is rain and 40 degree temps last Sat. Not fun.

I had the exact same experience weekend before last. My bad for checking the weather forecast from my departure point but not my destination. I immediately bought the Aerostich covers everyone else is talking about.

There is a gotcha with covers like the tripple digits IF you are wearing a jacket with an inner rain liner. Be sure to remove your gloves before dropping your arms to your sides. If you don't then the water will slide down the arms of the rain liner, under the gauntlet of the glove (even though it is cinched to the outer portion of the jacket), and into your gloves. If you ride a sport bike with clip-ons you're doomed from the start.

My BMW jacket has an internal gortex rain liner. I currently use gortex gloves with a narrow gauntlet and have learned to put the gauntlet UNDER the rain liner. It's a pain, but keeps water out of the gloves.

Re: Gloves

I use the BMW Summer Rain Gloves or whatever they are called now. They work very well as long as it doesn't get too cold.

If it gets below 50's I use Rev'it gloves with goretex and light insulation. With them and heated grips, all is toasty.

I don't ride in really cold weather, i.e. below 50 degrees, so below that, I got nothing.

Hey! I'm a Floridian and by definition a hot house flower.

{snip}...I don't ride in really cold weather, i.e. below 50 degrees, so below that, I got nothing...{snip}

Well, here in New England, I say almost the same thing: "I don't ride in really cold weather, i.e. 50 degrees below... ;)

Back