Thread: Rider Stuck in UT

Rider Stuck in UT

I posted this in the Airheads forum...thought I'd put the word here, too. A rider from Texas is having trouble with his diode board...he's in Parowan, UT. Anyone have any suggestions? He's waiting to contact someone in SLC but that's pretty far away...he's a member of the Airheads Beemer Club and is looking in his dAirectory. I've already suggested that he just run dead loss with a battery straped to the back seat.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

SLC has two BMW dealerships

I'm a long ways away, so can't be of any more help - sorry.

Flagstaff, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City all appear to have dealerships. I'd rent a U-Haul truck and head out.
    2015 R1200GS Adventure

Haven't heard back as of this morning. Not sure what happened or he plans to do.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The rider is not totally stranded...he has family there in souther nUtah, so he has decided to check in with dealers tomorrow and see what he can work out.

Boy have times changed. Fifteen years ago any group of three riders would have at least one diode board and one rotor with them; a diode board could be found in the anonymous book within 2 or 3 phone calls, and most riders could install either a rotor or diode board in about 15 minutes beside the road in the rain.

Even now when I don't own any Airheads I still have one new diode board and at least 2 rotors. I'd send it to him except I'm on the road and the board is back home in Texas.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Agree, Paul. I heard that he has ordered a rectifier from Euro Motoelectrics and it will arrive today. That's also something that is a little more prevalent these days - alternate sources and drop shipping!