• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Washington SR 821

B

BACKROAD.ADV

I made a short time lapse video of SR 821, also known as The Canyon Road. This road is located between Ellensburg and Yakima, and is an alternative to the Interstate.

I bought a cheap JVC digital camera which has a time lapse feature and stores the data on SD Cards. I can get 400 to 600 miles onto 16gb. After filming---- I use iMovie and the following software enhancements; Stabilization, Shutter Smoothing, Slow Motion 15%. These features reduce the videos jerkiness-in the direction of motion-- (but can exaggerate the drivers movements--left/right--).

Anyway here is THE LINK to my first motorcycle video. I experimented using my car first. Some of my first videos were on my off-road and those videos were way too rough.

Anyway…………..

Backroad ADV

PS-If you don't like the music just turn it off. I selected a tune that moved at the pace of the video and was of the same approximate length

Cool!!

I love the Canyon Rd. I think I've been on the highway once in the last 4 years; even in the car, I prefer the scenic route.

Nice clip! But it bring back sort of a funny memory of my last ride thru the Canyon...

About 3 years ago some old high school buddies from Nevada showed up at my abode, they were all riding cruisers... We did the North Cascades loop one day, next day after lunch in Ellensburg I showed them SR821. When we stopped at the southern terminus I presented a "trophy" to my friend Ernie. A complete tailight/license plate assembly...from his Harley. The whole darn thing fell off about 3/4 of the way thru the Canyon. LOL

During our few days of riding we traded bikes on and off, my R1150R, and their bikes, a Victory, a Valkyrie, and the aforementioned Harley. A few weeks later I heard from Ernie, he'd sold the Hog and purchased a Beemer. Go figure! :dunno

Thanks for putting a smile on my face this rainy night on the Hood Canal!

Cheers!

I like the part where you get passed... :wave And then speed up... :ha

821 is a great road... Unfortunately full of cops too.

Attachments

• passed.jpg
    passed.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 40
I like the part where you get passed... :wave And then speed up... :ha

821 is a great road... Unfortunately full of cops too.

Nice Image grab!

I had to slow down slightly to facilitate this pass---- Actually my speed remained pretty constant throughout the ride (+/- 5 mph). After the car passed me they slowed down.

Yup! Pretty cop heavy road in the summer season. Not so much in the winter.

Nice Image grab!

I had to slow down slightly to facilitate this pass---- Actually my speed remained pretty constant throughout the ride (+/- 5 mph). After the car passed me they slowed down.

Yup! Pretty cop heavy road in the summer season. Not so much in the winter.

Yeah! I never saw it sooo green! :laugh

Thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming...

Three pass ride

Great Video and a good ride suggestion thanks! On Thursday before all the rain came in, I played absent from work and went on a ride. I had just completed my 600 mile service and couldn't resist! I left Seattle riding over Snoqualmie Pass, then Blewett, an early lunch in Leavenworth and then Steven's Pass home. It was a rare rainless day here in Seattle, and no traffic as it was mid week. Next time, I'm taking the Canyon road! BMW sure builds a fine machine :bolt

Great Video and a good ride suggestion thanks! On Thursday before all the rain came in, I played absent from work and went on a ride. I had just completed my 600 mile service and couldn't resist! I left Seattle riding over Snoqualmie Pass, then Blewett, an early lunch in Leavenworth and then Steven's Pass home. It was a rare rainless day here in Seattle, and no traffic as it was mid week. Next time, I'm taking the Canyon road! BMW sure builds a fine machine :bolt

Ha!
I did the exact opposite Going to work. It's nice having to be in at noon.

Gold Bar to Seattle 200+ mile commute!

Life is grand.

Back