• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2820 Bluetooth Issues

H

harryt11

Just prior to leaving for the Georgia Mountain Rally I decided to clear some MP3's off of my Garmin 2820. After doing that, my bluetooth would not enable and I got a "maps locked" message on startup. The unit would work by navigating from town to town so I was able to follow my preselected route.

When I got home I called product support and they were able to reload the maps since I had bought an update previously. (I bought the unit used). Bluetooth though still sticks on enable. I have gotten an email form product support outlining a procedure to update using the WebUpdater. It works as described by bringing up the BT update but for some reason the update still doesn't "take" and the BT still sticks on "bluetooth enabling".

Does anyone else have any experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Back