• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seeking Women's Input on LD Comfort

G

GIZMO

I have been very happy with my LD Comfort top & tights. My wife who just started riding with me has been wearing bike tights and similar top under her riding gear, but has shown interest in LD Comfort for herself and I would like to surprise her with a set. Here are my questions: 1) When I logged on to order, I saw this www.ldcomfort.com/combotop.htm and to me it would seem to be a good top for a woman. I am curious to know if any women riders or passengers have this, if so what their impressions are? What kind of shirt do you pair it with.
2) For those who do not have it, what are your impressions just looking at the description, any interest?
3) In general with LD Comfort, how do you find their size chart relative to actual?

Any input you have would be helpful and appreciated?

Hi Bruce!

I don't have the combo top but I just got the LD shorts (like bike shorts length) last July (at the MOA National) and really liked them. The combo top might be a good gift but my .02 would be that it would depend on her personal preferences - I'm a bit well endowed and personally, I don't like the combination bra/top items because they don't usually fit me well.

I used to wear bike shorts under my riding pants but they started to irritate my skin so when I came across the LD Comfort shorts, I tried them out on the ride back to Wisconsin and they were great...

not a paid promotional posting, just a satisfied customer...

I have the full length tights, shorts and combo top. Only thing I don't care for much is the top....too small for the girls and I like sleeves so I still have to wear a shirt on top of it. I'd rather go braless as opposed to flattened out. Just my preference.

Probably TMI, sorry.

Thanks Sarah & Nancy, Just the kind of input I was looking for, very helpful & thank you.

LD Comfort

I have had LD Comfort since 2006, I have the long sleeve shirt and long tights. These work very well under your riding gear as most gear has synthetic lining which tends to stick to your skin when warm and cold to the skin in colder weather.

I have found this gear to be extremely comfortable in both hot and cold weather riding.

It is also easy to rinse and dry in the evenings on long multiple day trips.

Hope this helps.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I wear the same and for the same reasons. Based on the previous excellent input and personal experience is what I will purchase for my wife.

I have been very happy with my LD Comfort top & tights. My wife who just started riding with me has been wearing bike tights and similar top under her riding gear, but has shown interest in LD Comfort for herself and I would like to surprise her with a set. Here are my questions: 1) When I logged on to order, I saw this www.ldcomfort.com/combotop.htm and to me it would seem to be a good top for a woman. I am curious to know if any women riders or passengers have this, if so what their impressions are? What kind of shirt do you pair it with.
2) For those who do not have it, what are your impressions just looking at the description, any interest?
3) In general with LD Comfort, how do you find their size chart relative to actual?

Any input you have would be helpful and appreciated?

I'd like to jump in and explain the sizing of all the LDComfort garments is exactly true to the tape measure. We make all our patterns and garments to the inches in the tape measure and there is little to no variance during production. The women's Combo Top is sized by a tape measure around the ribs below the bustline. It is accurate. Some of you may know the ladies who are in the testimonials. I am sure I can get them to vouch for the effectivness of the garment. One of the women who helped us in the design phase will be riding in the 2011 Iron Butt Rally and wears hers under her LDComfort Long Sleeve Top.
I hope this helps. (Combo Top sale ends May 31st. ) Enjoy every mile. ????~)

Back