• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2 questions windshield & power up lift for f650gs twin

rt_austin

Two questions
1. any recomendations for a windshield replacement for the stock item on a f650gs twin?

2. Is the f650gs only a cam away from the same HP as a f800gs?

Two questions
1. any recomendations for a windshield replacement for the stock item on a f650gs twin?

2. Is the f650gs only a cam away from the same HP as a f800gs?

1) Touring screen thread here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406434

For off-roading some folks like the adjustable screens which they can slide down while off-roading. There are I think, only four choices in adjustables - Madstad, Wunderlich, Touratech, and a Canadian company who's name slips my mind at the moment...

2) Largest h/w difference is the cam, but there is also a secondary air-system on the 800-800 (not sure that replicating it would be necessary, and then the programming for the ECU is of course different ... and I'm not sure how you would "fix" that ....

As for question 2, I know two people - two couples actually - that bought "him" an F800 and "her" an F650 twin. In both cases, both "hims" like the engine in her bike better. Less peaky, better low and midrange, more tractable. Both "hims" are very good, experienced dual sport riders.

Be careful what you wish for.

+1 on being careful what you wish for ...

When you look at the power curves for the two bikes, the 658 has slightly better torque and HP output most of the time up until about ~5800 rpm, at which point the extra HP of the 800-800 takes over ... :blah

+1 on being careful what you wish for ...

When you look at the power curves for the two bikes, the 658 has slightly better torque and HP output most of the time up until about ~5800 rpm, at which point the extra HP of the 800-800 takes over ... :blah

I am quiet happy with mine. It is the bike I ride most out of six. As for winshields, I like my C-Bailey. They made it extra tall for me-19 1/2 inches tall. Their tall comes standard 18 inches.

Jack

Back