• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Another ride impression

RTRandy

Rode the GTL today as well.

There are two options on these: Low Seat and High Seat. The dealer is using the low seat and rightfully so for a demo purposes. I'm 6' with a 30" inseam and the low seat was way low plus it was set in the lowest position. I think the good news here is this will cover a lot of shorter people who in the past couldn't ride for example two up on an LT.

I'd have to say the riding position was pretty darn close between the GTL and my RT. The GTL rider seat is set lower from the passenger seat in such a way that there is essentially a small back rest created from the passenger seat behind your waist. Super nice and great comfort for your back however one drawback might be that riding in high temperature gives you less air behind you since you tend to back up against it.

The bike is surprisingly narrow including the tank between your legs. No comparison to it's LT predecessor.

Shifting was ultra smooth and the bike handles great at low speed. Torque was awesome at low rpm or any gear and the bike accelerates like a rocket out of 2nd or 3rd. It will never run out of breath fully loaded or on an uphill climb at altitude.

As expected. ultra smooth will little vibration. These bikes will be terrific for long days in the saddle and running down the highway or any road. Surprisingly, it felt more nimble than my RT.

Anyone lucky enough to have one on order will be thrilled. Word is there will be less of these in the US than previously stated.

I wasn't able to test the audio and running through the electronic options on the fly proved almost overwhelming at least for a test ride with no pre-ride explanation of how and where everything works. Case in point I ended up activating the heated seat though was able to set it to sport suspension just for fun. Things like heated seats and grips are no long activated by a well positioned switch. Everything is on the "Menu" so will take some getting used to digging through categories. One other observation is the hand grips are skinnier than an RT. No experience here, but it would seem a wider grip would be more comfortable. ???

My guess is if you want to have audio of any kind you'll have to spend top dollar for the Shuberth helmet along with the propitiatory BMW bluetooth module that works in the helmet. I'd say $1,200 and that's just for one helmet set up.

The Navy Blue color is really rich and quite dark in color. So much so it starts looking black in the shade.

Attachments

• side 1600.jpg
    side 1600.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Back