• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Daniel, US Army Retired

I have a LT1200, 2003 with 16,000 miles. I had it worked on installing PIAA lights, new battery and rear end oil change. I noticed today that the engine at start up and during idle runs rough, going from 900 rps to 1200 rps. During reverse the idle should rep-up and does not. Can anybody assist me. My repairshop normally does a good job but does not have the el tools to tap into a BMW. Any ideas? Thanks. Daniel

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the idle and reverse rev started after the PIAA's were installed. Correct? Certainly a place to look for grounding issues.
Take some time to search the BMWLT.com forum and if nothing turns up, ask them. There is a larger concentration on K1200LT owners there and they're always very willing to help.

HTH,
Jer

I have a LT1200, 2003 with 16,000 miles. I had it worked on installing PIAA lights, new battery and rear end oil change. I noticed today that the engine at start up and during idle runs rough, going from 900 rps to 1200 rps. During reverse the idle should rep-up and does not. Can anybody assist me. My repairshop normally does a good job but does not have the el tools to tap into a BMW. Any ideas? Thanks. Daniel

Hi Daniel, I cannot help with the LT proplem so I'll just say welcome aboard...

Had one too:)

Great bike, mine was 2001 and I rode her 98000miles and sold it to my brother who still rides it at 110000m now. Battery change? Be sure its already up to fully charged. A 100% battery is important! Use some Techron(Chevron product) in the gas tank for one tank, works great on the whole gas system. I did all my own service and found it a days job to do a complete service, fairing off. Found a rider from Louisiana last year on my tour of the NW at Mt.St.Helens on a 2001 KLT1200, just turning 200000miles on it. I smiled:). Welcome. Randy

Back