• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Great chicken rally in alabama is on

bamabmw

2009 MOA Rally Co-Chair
Hey Fellow Beemers,

I would first like to say thank you to the nearly 100 folks who have e-mailed me to find out if there was any help needed here in Alabama for any of our members. The BMW family is the greatest.

I can report that as of this time, non of our members lost property, their lives, or were hurt. There were some who had some damage and some clean up, but nothing catastrophic. Even our members in the Tuscaloosa area that was the hardest hit. I will qualify that with the fact that I have not been able to get in touch with EVERYONE, as we have a huge club, but I do think that by now I might have had some word if someone was in dire need.

As for the Great Chicken Rally upcoming (May 26th thru 29th), the rally site is in fine shape. I spoke with them and they only had lost power for 5 days, but the campground itself is fine, and the rally is on as scheduled without an hiccups.

We look forward to putting on our 23rd annual rally , and it's also our club's 40th anniversary year so we plan to have a great time.

This year's bike raffle is for a 211 G650 GS so if you aren't able to attend, you can get info on the rally and/or tickets at www.bmwmoal.org (please add the L in there because if you don't you get the National MOA website). You can also contact me at rally@bmwmoal.org

We look forward to hosting you all and LET"S RALLY !!!!

Connie Reaves
Rally Chair - Alabama club

I'll be there this year as well.

So far, only one tent rented, so plenty more available.

This is one rally that I try to make each year. Usually I motel there / back and camp at the rally. If I did not have a California trip planned, I would not only attend this year's Chicken Rally, but I most definitely would rent a Sherpa tent. Ted, even if your rentals are not the greatest this year, I believe that your product will catch on at rallies that are about the same size as the Huntsville Rally. I'll rent from you next year at the Chicken Rally.

This is one rally that I try to make each year. Usually I motel there / back and camp at the rally. If I did not have a California trip planned, I would not only attend this year's Chicken Rally, but I most definitely would rent a Sherpa tent. Ted, even if your rentals are not the greatest this year, I believe that your product will catch on at rallies that are about the same size as the Huntsville Rally. I'll rent from you next year at the Chicken Rally.

Thanks.

I'll give it two years (this year and next year). If I still can't even cover my costs, I'll simply pull out.

first time

Coming down from Connecticut! I'm a chicken rally virgin; can't wait !
Glad that everyone is OK down there. { Say, you don't mind yankees so much these days, do you?}
Jim Faucher Nat. beer chair:drink

guess that means that we are going!!

:dance

Coming down from Connecticut! I'm a chicken rally virgin; can't wait !
Glad that everyone is OK down there. { Say, you don't mind yankees so much these days, do you?}
Jim Faucher Nat. beer chair:drink

This will be my 3rd Chicken Rally (in a row) If you're on the fence about attending, You really need to consider it. This is a well organized Rally with great food, music, area riding, and fellowship. If I could do only one Rally per year, this would be it. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Any brand of bike or just BMW ?

Been a MOA member for many years just don't have a BMW right now. Have a HD touring bike,are all bikes welcome? Thanks

Always and everywhere in the BMW world.

We figure you'll get one soon enough :dance

Voni
sMiling

chicken rally

I would be interested in a "Chicken Rally" t shirt if such a thing exists, let me know, I am Cliff, and can be reached at, "waugamans@aol.com".

Thanks.

I'll give it two years (this year and next year). If I still can't even cover my costs, I'll simply pull out.

Looked at your website and this sounds like a great service but I am not able to attend the entire weekend. Any chance that you'll offer tent services by the night.

Looked at your website and this sounds like a great service but I am not able to attend the entire weekend. Any chance that you'll offer tent services by the night.

I do get that question asked a lot, and the answer is no. I still end up putting out the same amount of work whether a person is there for one night or three.

I can't afford to run the service if I accommodate partial nights for all that show up a night late, etc....

Sorry...

This will be my 3rd Chicken Rally (in a row) If you're on the fence about attending, You really need to consider it. This is a well organized Rally with great food, music, area riding, and fellowship. If I could do only one Rally per year, this would be it. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Thanks for the kind words Kenny. Looking forward to seeing you guys! Things are coming together nicely for our rally this year. Connie has done another fantastic job! See you all at the rally! :clap

This will be our first Chicken Rally and we're really looking forward to it! I just hope Ted fills some more tents, or I may have to find somewhere down there to buy one.

This will be our first Chicken Rally and we're really looking forward to it! I just hope Ted fills some more tents, or I may have to find somewhere down there to buy one.

Don't sweat it. I'm coming down even if it's just one tent. I never leave any reservation hanging.

Connie Reaves here. Great Chicken Rally chair.

We advertise BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Essentially yes, all bikes. We haven't ever turned away anyone and don't plan to. If you don't currently own a BMW and you are on this list, please feel free to come, you are as welcome as the rest.
I might should qualify that a bit. Once, a large (around 16 to 18) group of "other brand" bikes showed up, told us that someone down the road told them about the rally. We DID turn them down. They had no BMW affiliation at all, the bikes were very loud on arrival, their only questions were about whether we sold beer and several very crude remarks were made about a pretty young lady working at our registration table. I told them very nicely that this rally was for BMW riders and their guests only.

On other questions, I have received over 200 e-mails inquiring about the recent tornado damages AND the current flooding news.

1. Our rally site was untouched byt the storms, the rally is on, all is well. We will take donations for the tornado victims at the rally whether it be money, food, hygiene products, baby products, clothing, toys for kids who've lost everything, or whatever else anyone might want to contribute.

2. Most know our rally site is on the river. Some do not realize it's the TENNESSEE river and the current flooding problems are on the Mississippi river. So there are no current flooding problems either.

Hopefully there wil be no more weather events in the next couple of weeks !!

Thanks for all the nice compliments on our rally. This is our 23rd year and we do try very hard to make it the best value of any rally out there, for your money.
You can't hardly even stay home for four days and only spend $45. It's our main goal to try to make sure everyone has fun.

If you're coming I HIGHLY suggest using Sherpa Mayberry's services. What easier way to camp than to come without that load on your bike, walk into a comfortable set up, and leave it to be picked up after you at the end of the week. Not to mention the other amenities he provides during the week, right at your fingertips.
www.sherpamayberry.com No, I don't get a kickback !!! :)

Any other questions, please email rally@bmwmoal.org as I don't get much time to come here and check due to getting this "party" together. You can check our website for most answers. www.bmwmoal.org

Thanks again folks and I can't wait to see ya'll !!!!!
Connie

Back