• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The GS Gypsy Tour

Advanced GS Ride lead by BMW PC ...... Friday

Can I put in my request to be one of the 25 advanced riders now? I've been told a lot of times that I take the bike places it shouldn't go. You know the old, "You rode that bike through there?" LOL

Here Kitty ?

I am not sure how BMW PC who is hosting or the GS Giant Team is going to separate the sheep from the mountain goats on this one. The planner said no more than 25 because its going to take time to get folks through it. Much of it is intermediate GSsing dealing with loose rocks and erosion, then the tunnels , the steep loose rock climb up and over Buck Mountain, the best single track that is GS handle bar wide...... it could be tighter but they picked this one. Then the area where a coal dust cladded ATV rider wondered why bikes were here and who are we........ that is the Black Dakar area !

But all said and done there is still lots of twisty paved roads because its a dual sport ride and we want you to see this area. :cry No we had trouble getting into one area because of gates in a thick and very dark woods that belonged to a ancient trust that built America, it has a grand hunting lodge and a caretaker. So by the time three people say yes we would be planning the return rally to Bloomsburg. Plus the woods is haunted by a full figure apparition on horse back and it doesn't like noise coming through the hollow near the murder site ........ sorry no Ichabod Crane action this year. :cry But there is plenty of dirt and coal for your motorcycle boot stockings.

How should GSers be sorted into an advance status ?

Last edited:
How should GSers be sorted into an advance status ?

As you register, you getthe option to choose the "hard" GS Adventure.

Other than that, it will be whoever shows up in the GS Giant area early enough.

This ride *leaves* at 8am. And the goal is to be back at the rally site by 3pm for the start of the GS Giant competition. no mercy.

it will be a big day for the big dogs. :nod

ian

Look for an email from Googlegroups!

To all registered Giants,

Yesterday, I set up a distribution list through Google Groups which will be used to communicate important information via email. Only GSG managers have access. This means no one can see your email address, nor can you reply and fill up everyone's inboxes. We are spam free!

Please check your email to be sure you received the message. Check your spam filters and make the necessary adjustments to be sure you receive all the important info.

If you have checked and did not receive a message, please PM me with your full name and correct email address.

Oh...one more thing.....tell your friends that Durty is Purty and there is still time to sign up for all the fun!

We are talking a 100+ pound roasted steamship round of beef for dinner Sunday night.

:eat

...oh, and handcrafted beer. :buds

pasp01_steamship_round_lg.jpg

Ok, the beef is on order. I will be roasting it over open coals and aromatic woods. It will be gently pierced and stuffed with garlic. Then rubbed with the virginest of olive oil. Spices from exotic lands will then be massaged and let to infuse the beef. On the spit, the beef will be basted with the finest of wine, my own.

The beverages of choice will be supplied by Full Pint Brewing, www.fullpintbrewing.com , and a selection of their craft beer will be dispensed.

Rick

Whatever happened to the GS game drive ?

I know there is big deer in the rocky mountains of western Pa because I saw the movie Deer Hunter.

:hide

Ok, the beef is on order. I will be roasting it over open coals and aromatic woods. It will be gently pierced and stuffed with garlic. Then rubbed with the virginest of olive oil. Spices from exotic lands will then be massaged and let to infuse the beef. On the spit, the beef will be basted with the finest of wine, my own.

The beverages of choice will be supplied by Full Pint Brewing, www.fullpintbrewing.com , and a selection of their craft beer will be dispensed.

Rick

I think I've died and gone to dual sport heaven. :brad
Well fed and hammered of course.:eat:beer:bottle:buds

To all registered Giants,

Oh...one more thing.....tell your friends that Durty is Purty and there is still time to sign up for all the fun!

I've been telling all my buddies. Unfortunately for them they can't leave till the 21st. I told them I would quit my job for it.:stick:lol

have to cancel

Hey all,
Sorry to say, but some health issues are requiring me to stay home from the MOA rally, and of course the Gypsy Tour.

Would someone remove me from the registered list, and so free up a slot for someone else.
Thanks, Michael Mason

GPS routes for the Gypsy Tour?

I am register for the Gypse ride and this will be my first such tour.

Are there GPS or map routes available for the Marienville area or ride to Stillwater or do we just show up and go with the flow. I have a new GPS (I had the old one for 10 years) and am trying to become familiar with it. I have routes plotted to Forest Camp.

Looking forward to the 17th.

Anyone interested in the 4 corners rider before the Gypsy Tour?

I'm thinking about taking the long way to the Gypsy Tour to cover the PA 4 Corners ride starting at the southeast corner. Would anyone be interested in joining to grab up to 200 points (the 100 points for the ride plus up to another 100 points for stop-ins)? I would start Saturday 7/16 in Landenberg, work my way around counter-clockwise (hitting stop-in's where possible) and end near Marienville at the Gypsy Tour start on Sunday 7/17. The link shows a rough idea (simply based on Google route suggestions). I am open to suggested routes but the start location is best for me.

I am register for the Gypse ride and this will be my first such tour.

Are there GPS or map routes available for the Marienville area or ride to Stillwater or do we just show up and go with the flow. I have a new GPS (I had the old one for 10 years) and am trying to become familiar with it. I have routes plotted to Forest Camp.

Looking forward to the 17th.

Did you receive yoru scorebook via email? All the details as well as maps are there.

Please PM me your full name, cell phone, and emergency contact info.

Scorebook Clarification and Prizes

SCOREBOOK CLARIFICATION! (p. 4) A rider can participate in the Gypsy Tour and also take up to 2 Adventure detours. Additionally, all competitors are eligible to win the Grand Prize. (not just Gypsy Tour participants.)

Detours and Stop ins begin on July 10th. However, due to a misprint, you may hit one of the four corners of PA on July 9th.

Prizes:

- Top points winner across all events wins the Twisted Throttle F800GS

- Top points winner on the track wins the Arai Helmet, Klim Latitude Suit, and Sidi Adventure Boots by Motonation....

Iron Butt?

I'm thinking about taking the long way to the Gypsy Tour to cover the PA 4 Corners ride starting at the southeast corner. Would anyone be interested in joining to grab up to 200 points (the 100 points for the ride plus up to another 100 points for stop-ins)? I would start Saturday 7/16 in Landenberg, work my way around counter-clockwise (hitting stop-in's where possible) and end near Marienville at the Gypsy Tour start on Sunday 7/17. The link shows a rough idea (simply based on Google route suggestions). I am open to suggested routes but the start location is best for me.

Wow! That's almost an Iron Butt ride there. I'm starting on the other side of the state so won't be able to join you. We could possibly hook up on the 17th and ride up to Marienville together. I was going to leave Pittsburgh around 1 in the afternoon. What time do you think you'll be passing through?

For all those who will work up a thirst. The beer list has been set. I worked long into the night tasting and retasting :drink my way through the pints set before me. If I remember correctly :hungover it goes like this:

One Half Barrel Each:

All in Amber - A very nice Amber Ale

Chinookie I.P.A. - "nookied for times, then dry nookied"

White Lightning - A very refreshing Wheat Beer

Two Half Barrels:

Rumple Pilsner - A crowd pleaser

There you have it. See you soon.

Don't forget your adventure detours and stop bys ..... don't leave points on the road. ;)

At the last minute my boss has changed our vacation schedules and I cant attend the rally. I will be going to Pa the week following the rally and was hoping to do the GS ride if someone can provide me with a map of the route. Your help is appreciated. Enjoy the rally!!

At the last minute my boss has changed our vacation schedules and I cant attend the rally. I will be going to Pa the week following the rally and was hoping to do the GS ride if someone can provide me with a map of the route. Your help is appreciated. Enjoy the rally!!

did you register for any of the free events? If so, you got a scorebook with links to tons of routes.

if not, PM me your email addy and I will send you a scorebook.

Ian

Back