• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

May's issue of the MOA ON

I don't consider it complaining as much as suggesting changes to broaden the appeal to current members and to help attract new members.
That's just semantics. It doesn't change anything about the point I was trying to make. Usually you'll only hear shortcomings/suggestions/constructive criticism/complaints and not so much the people who think it's ok as it is. That was what I was trying to say. I don't mean that the comments are not valid, but considering everything is very difficult and you'll always be able to fill a thread like this with suggestions to change things.

Everybody has another view on their hobby and thus their view on how this website and the magazine should look like. When you're not interested in racing, every page about racing will be too much. If you're into racing, the article about the MSF is less appealing (maybe). Just some examples... It's a difficult balancing act.

hello!!!!

well it took me all morning, but i have read this thread top to bottom, and i am grateful for all the thoughtful comments and feedback on the bmw owners news, there is a lot of good stuff in here.

i don't get to the forum as often as i wish, so i encourage all of you to also e-mail me your thoughts and comments directly. i'm at vince@bmwmoa.org.

We are always working to improve the magazine, and bring on more contributors.

thanks,
vince

I agree Dan that the relationship between the CCA and BMW/BMWNA seems closer than the MOA and BMW Motoraad.

I, for one, like the distance between between the MOA and BMW Motoraad/AG. My interest in the MOA has always been as a support group for owners of a "non-common" vehicle with limited dealer support. Relative to Roundel, I read Jenny Morgan and Techtalk to control repair costs.

That's just semantics. It doesn't change anything about the point I was trying to make. Usually you'll only hear shortcomings/suggestions/constructive criticism/complaints and not so much the people who think it's ok as it is. That was what I was trying to say. I don't mean that the comments are not valid, but considering everything is very difficult and you'll always be able to fill a thread like this with suggestions to change things.

Everybody has another view on their hobby and thus their view on how this website and the magazine should look like. When you're not interested in racing, every page about racing will be too much. If you're into racing, the article about the MSF is less appealing (maybe). Just some examples... It's a difficult balancing act.
I'll take this a bit further than your comments to add that many members may just not speak out as much as others, at least in print or on the Forum. Perhaps the are just plain reticent,bashful, or maybe they are amongst those that simply don't have time or even perhaps they have a communication functional issue such as literacy or dislexia or who knows what-this is the real world folks. Having been an educator I can tell you what you already know! I'm certain that many never post/LTE,etc., but lurk based on the ocassional post you see from some & the few LTE. Any positive comment in the constructive sense is purposeful.

Wow,took a lot of reading to get to this point.I joined MOA last year when I bought my 1st BMW motorcycle, and was happy to find out about the magazine that I would receive along with the membership(you can never have too many magazines on the shelf next to the john)." A magazine run by volunteers ",when I here that phrase I usually steer clear of said magazine but what the heck I told myself...its free.
Advertising is a required evil to keep publications in print,but wait,look at those new LED lights on that GS in the ad...cool,I want them.Maybe ads are not THAT bad.They keep me in the know (ya know).All the stories on safety...eh maybe a bit much for me,but it might be what another member is looking for. Stories of foreign travel,again not for me,heck I still have to travel to most of the states in the US still.
I wish I had the dexterity of Jack Riepe in the use of words,to make words dance on stage that people would pay to see but I do not. The dictionary is by my side in case I need it,its old like me and it probably laughs each time I open it...I'm sorry,were was I...oh yea,how about some stories of the Rallies that all the clubs work soo hard to put together,not just the National Rallies.
OK...Im done.

What's a matter guys and gals? Can't anyone write a story or two..other than the Mac-Pac? There must be 6 individuals from this club whom submitted something for the May issue to include the guy on the front cover You think the editor is a spy for them?;)

I've written a couple articles you might enjoy. :D

I've written a couple articles you might enjoy. :D

Yes..read your recent piece on the new K1600's and found it interesting that the new K 1600 GTL is 1 dollar less than the Honda Goldwing..but the true test will be the maintenance/service costs associated with the new K's. I have feeling that adjusting/shimming the valves on the new slant 6 is go'n to be a real bear to include replacing the spark plugs with out having to disassemble the engine from the frame..whereas the design of the Goldwing makes for easier service maintenance. I've asked one of my local dealers what the costs will be but couldn't answer the question as BMW hadn't released shop times associated with the new K until their service personnel attended service school on the new bike..

Last edited:
Greetings
I look forward each issuse of BMWMOA ON. I do not read it all front to back in one setting, but I will have read the whole thing before the next issuse is recieved.
Thanks to all the make it so. :clap
Hopeful one day I will be able to contribute has well.
Tony

Back