Thread: BMW makes cars?

ziegelreiter

BMW makes cars?

I was at a Trader Joe's today and an attractive young blonde smiled at me and

said-you guessed it- "I didn't know BMW made motorcycles!"

I think I've finally turned the corner where young women feel safe talking to me,

'cuz I'm old and cute, just like their grandpa!

Never pass up an opportunity to offer a ride....

Alternative response: "Oh yes, they were actually making motorcycles before they made cars!" If she's interested, start with 1923, but don't let it get boring...

On my way up to the Kelowna BC shop a while ago, I was sitting at a red light trying to figure out where it was... so I asked the gal in the BMW convertible in the next lane, and she knew! Truly a sign of class and good taste.

Or from the truly enlightened gentleman who walked up to my bike in a parking lot and remarked, "huh, I didn't know that British Motor Works made bikes too!"
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

He probably wouldn't understand Birmingham Small Arms, either...

When my son was 8 we were driving in a friend's BMW suv. He leaned over and whispered to me "hey mom, the same people who make our motorcycles made this car! I didn't know they made cars."

I know they make those shirts but he was dead serious. Out of the mouths of babes.
    Sharon
    #GSGiants
    2012 F650GS twin
    1973 R60/5

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I rode over to the local Subway last week to pick up lunch. As I walked in the door, an adorable little African-American girl of about 6 or 7 looked up to me and said "Nice Beemer". You could have blown me over with a straw.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

[QUOTE=ziegelreiter;676086]I was at a Trader Joe's today and an attractive young blonde smiled at me and

said-you guessed it- "I didn't know BMW made motorcycles!"

I think I've finally turned the corner where young women feel safe talking to me,

'cuz I'm old and cute, just like their grandpa! [/QUOTE

I "got adopted" all the time at school, later in my career, after I had turned the corner! Try having a classroom full of kids hold up hands , if there isn't a man in their home & you'll see why. Sad, but true.
    The response I get in Mexico all the time upon seeing my KY plate, is:" You rode that all the way to here?" Maybe they know about the FD failures? Or maybe it's because I've "turned the corner a bit far" Or, maybe its because the narcos didn't do me in, either way, it makes for polite conversation.