• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Maybe it's just me.......

dano

but I highly doubt it.

I, like everyone else, visit many forums. This one (BMWOA) has got to be one of the slowest ones I visit.

When I try to enter, it takes forever to appear. When it does appear, it takes forever to page back and forth.

When I post a reply, it takes forever to get back to the subject topic.

So...is it just me? :dunno

I don't have these problems with other fourms / sites.

There are some issues the Web Team is working on with the speed of the forum. I wish I could tell you when the solution is going to be in place, but we are working on it. :type

BradfordBenn said:
There are some issues the Web Team is working on with the speed of the forum. I wish I could tell you when the solution is going to be in place, but we are working on it. :type

Good enough. I do appreciate the response. :thumb

dano said:
but I highly doubt it.

I, like everyone else, visit many forums. This one (BMWOA) has got to be one of the slowest ones I visit.

I was thinking that we were a quick witted bunch, albeit aging and perhaps slowing down...ohh the web site performance...yes, well, that's something different.

just me

DANA

Buddy I can't thank you enough for this post. I am somewhat new to this forum and I was thinking it was my computor or my ISP. I was getting ready to contact the ISP and complain but the other forums were not nearly as bad and I never thought it could be this web site. Thanks again.

more comforting words

it is slow for me and my cable modemed 2 year old big ass computer. (i knew it was not my cable cuz i just had them out here two days ago) everywhere else is much faster, but i can live with it on account of all the looooove here!

As I get older, I find myself getting more impatient. I don't know why, and can't make the connection.

I'm working on it though! That and several other issues of mine.......... :banghead

SuperMoto7 said:
I live out in the country and have to settle for dial-up. Everything is slow for me. :snore

Me too, up until last week! I finally have DSL, and the difference is unbelievable. Now it is fun to go through the ride reports, pictures pop up nice and quick.

Our provider ran a special, I went to DSL and will only see a $11 increase in my service over what it used to be. Hard to beat a deal like that.

For anyone riding the fence on stepping up to cable or DSL, all I can say is go for it, wandering around on the internet will be a whole new experience.

Last edited:
BradfordBenn said:
Any faster?

The server was restarted today which appears to have helped on my end.

Ummm maybe! I didn't seem to notice any difference.....until I saw your post.

Power of suggestion? :dunno

Well I'll take that as a "can you keep looking?" I also have found that some browsers are faster than other.

Just saying hi.

Thought I'd stop in here and post a note while I was waiting for the "Campfire" forum to load.

This forum really is excrutiatingly slooooow...zzzzzz... :snore

Huh? I'M AWAKE! Really!

I have no trouble with the speed of the forun, in fact it seems to be faster lately. I can also download 6mb in less than 20 seconds :D

Back