• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Air loss !

T

tronic5

When replacing tires,For those of us that have experienced air loss between the wheel and tire, What would be the proper type of tire sealant needed to avoid an air leak in the future?

In my limited experience air loss comes from one of three places: valve core, valve stem, and a dirty rim where the bead sits. The latter was the most common and one of the the reason I now do my own tire changes. Often there is a build up of old crap stuck to the rim that if not fully cleaned can leave a less than proper seal.

I've never used any kind of sealant.

You or the guy who changes your tire WILL regret it if you use any sealer in that tire...Clean up the sealing surface, that should do the trick

Back