• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

You may be obsessed with BMWs when...

Believe me, I'm already starting to obsess with the SRR. My dealership has a yellow one sitting on the showroom floor. I saw it when I took my HP2 for service. The K12R goes in in a few weeks for service. I'll have to sit on the SRR again!!!! And look at the price tag again. Wait, maybe I can talk him into letting me take the SRR as a loaner.

Actually it isn't a 12 step program, it is only ONE step and from the looks of what you have written above, you got that step down cold.....:laugh :deal

BTW, LOTS of jealous readers here......

I certainly agree with you! But, I'm seeking a support group for my addiction. Is there a 12-step program out there for bikeaddiction?

Yes, there is. Once you get to 12 bike in your garage, you run out of room. Or go on to the 'baker's dozen', which is 13. Of course, you know 13 is in unlucky number, so you have to add another bike. Then you think about what to do when you only have 14 in a game of blackjack, so you need to 'hit' on another, then another, and another, until you get to 21! Then you might as well get one for every day of the month, since your close already.

And on, and on, and on.........................................:laugh

Doug, have you ridden a K12R or S? Just curious what your assessment is of the KR vs. the SRR. I feel the KR is a catapult.

Yep... been on the K12R and the S too. The 12R is a typical roadster and a lot of fun. The S, is obviously a sport bike setup. Both are great bikes, but the lower weight of the SRR and the power.... ohhhh the power. The traction control is really something if you are into defeating everything on wheels you meet at the light :)

My (and others) comment riding the K12's and K13's are "nice bike". The SRR always elicits the "holy crap" remark after a first ride. The power to weight ratio is tough to beat, and something to really feel. My only negative is that I do not like to fold up into racing position anymore. The SRR for me is about a 30 minute ride, but oh boy what a 30 minutes !.

Bottom line is that if you love sport bikes and like what you have, DO NOT take a test ride on the SRR. It is dangerous to your checkbook.

Good news from our shop today: The demo K16GTL has arrived. Initial impression just looking at it is that it is not as large a bike as I expected. From the rear it looks a lot like a K1300 jammed into a RT front end. The engine really looks nice, and is very narrow. It also looks like somebody in engineering actually paid attention to the problem many people, including me, have with the fairings hitting my chins. Much nicer ergos. Instrument cluster is really cool too. I also now understand why there is a warning for the glove boxes to not put anything heat sensitive into them... they are directly behind the engine heads and will take a lot of heat. Maybe a possible new feature: On the go cooking, arrive at camp and dinner is done ?:whistle

I cannot wait to ride it ASAP and see what it actually rides like.

Yes, there is. Once you get to 12 bike in your garage, you run out of room. Or go on to the 'baker's dozen', which is 13. Of course, you know 13 is in unlucky number, so you have to add another bike. Then you think about what to do when you only have 14 in a game of blackjack, so you need to 'hit' on another, then another, and another, until you get to 21! Then you might as well get one for every day of the month, since your close already.

And on, and on, and on.........................................:laugh

Yes, I need a support group, but you my friend, you need meds.

No Meds required...

Thanks for the thread, I framed the packing slip and the cardboard box the GSA came in is prominently displayed in the shop...compared to most it seems less viral...a 40 year virus is hard to eliminate...:dunno

S1000RR Experience

My (and others) comment riding the K12's and K13's are "nice bike". The SRR always elicits the "holy crap" remark after a first ride.

I would concur with the above quote. I purchased a 2009 K1300S after half day test ride which took place two years after taking one of several prototypes out in Germany (that put a big poop-eating grin on my face).

After buying it, I made the mistake of taking an S1000RR out. "Holy crap" was only one of several thoughts running through my head. The bike is so nimble and blistering fast I fear that I would have likely killed myself sometime during the first day of ownership. The recommendation to go out in "rain mode" until you get comfortable with it is wise -- particularly if you have been away from motorcycling for some time (which was my case).

I have no regrets owning the K1300S as it is eminently more practical for me and has more than enough power to do the stupidest things you could possibly think of doing. But every once in a great while, I do day dream about owning an S1000RR -- which would make it the third bike in my dream as I hope to add a GSA to the stable some day.

Kent

Back