• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bought me a 1979 R100 RT Today

T

TINK

After years of lusting for the classic airhead of my youth I finally join the ranks of BMWMOA today.
I've had/have many motorcycles over the years, but only one BMW before today, a R65/5 that I rode for several years when I was in college.
In 1978 I walked into Marty's BMW here in So Cal and saw the R100 RT and had to have it... but, I was a young man who had just gotten married and a $6,300 motorcycle was out of the question.
So, these many years later I now own the bike of my dreams. :thumb

TINK
photosbytink.com
Los Angeles Ride for Kids Task Force Leader
Motorcyclist

Congratulations on the bike and welcome to the club! Although my current BMW is twenty years newer I still have a warm spot in my heart for my first BMW, a 1978 R80 which I purchased in '82 and owned for eleven years. It sold me on the brand and I have been riding BMW's since. If the budget allowed I would own another 70's era BMW as a second bike. I sometimes miss the simplicity of the bikes of that era. I do love my ABS brakes on my current ride though.

Mark

Photos of my new (to me) 1979 R100 RT

Here she is!

R100rt_0004b_1024pix.jpg

She's a good 5 foot bike, anything closer and she shows her warts.

TINK
photosbytink.com

Welcome -

Hey, warts are good...that shows she's been used and not displayed. Saw your picture on the Vintage site as well!!

Very nice! I have a 1980 100RT and I luvs it. I did a 300 miler in Northern New Mexico on Saturday and was ready for 300 more.

Project R100S

My RT will become converted to an "S".

Already ordered "S" fairing, screen, hardware from Bob's BMW.

Getting "S" bars from Flanders.

TINK

Back