• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Alamo BMW Support

Liaison
Staff member
A few props to the dealer her in San Antonio, Alamo BMW. I got all my parts for a clutch rebuild through them but then realized later that "since I'm in there", I'd better replace the 100K old tranny input seal. No problem, they've got 5 in stock. Make the trip out there...uh, can't seem to find them. Something about the inventory guy, his job, not updating the inventory list, etc. The parts guy, Sid, says he'll overnight one in...great, thanks. Back today...no one can find the part. :( They confirmed the FedEx package was signed for...search, search...found it! :) Great...the project moves on!

I offered to sit down with my trusty computer and do a complete inventory...maybe I can pick up some spare change on the side!!

Update: I tried my best to get the input seal out to no avail. I'm not good with heat...my makeshift slide hammer wasn't up to the task. I took it up to Alamo and they popped it out in 1 minute, no charge. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Bought my bike, over the internet and the phone from Alamo BMW. Sid helped me out immeasurably (even though he is not the salesperson) telling me all he could about the bike... Overall they were GREAT! ..and I don't even want to tell you what deal I got on my BMW... CRAZY GOOD (as in multiple THOUSANDS less.) I see guys paying MUCH, MUCH more for way older used ones (and with less options, more miles, etc...)

Kudos to Alamo.

I still can't believe the deal I got! :clap:clap

Thier bike prices may be low but thier parts prices are high.
A friend was looking for an airhead valve cover gasket. At Alamo it was $8.50 (but they didn't have it in stock). Went to the dealer in Austin and it was $5.50 and it was in stock. I don't deal with them because they never have the part I want in stock, or if they do they can't find it, but people who do say they're parts prices are 15-20% above list.

Paul -

I hope you didn't drive to Austin to save $3...kind of defeats the purpose. :dunno Getting the absolute best price isn't the highest thing on my list of priorities. I've developed a bit of a relationship with them, and I appreciate those little things. Like the free help I got this morning. But for vintage parts, I deal almost exclusively with Vech in Mississippi. I don't think I would ask them to do any serious mechanicaly work, like overhauling a head or something...they're likely to send that out anyway and I have sources I would trust more for things like that.

In my case, I think I've found a good balance that works for now.

Back