• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dating Forum Anyone?

Thank you Paul Glaves

People do seek a commonality is all that I was trying to say.

In the words of my father: "People defy the laws of physics. In physics, opposites attract. With people, like attracts like. Sharp people will attract other sharp people. Ding bats will attract ding bats".

"Whenever I date a guy, I think, is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?" -- Rita Rudner :ha

E

Last edited:
at least on Match.Com they check out the person against the national sexual predator list!! Th at's a PLUS. :laugh

(Personally I don't care in the least if they had a dating forum on here..)

We need to come up with a list of compatibility factors for bmwmoamatch.com

1. Synthetic or dino?
2. AGATT or not?
3. Is helmet hair a turn off or turn on?
4. Do you countersteer on a first date?

It comes down to odds. Let's assume a member is looking for a person and a key criterion is that the person rides a motorcycle. Say a BMW motorcycle.

So are the odds of finding a person of a given age range of the appropriate gender that is single, interesting, and interested, who rides a BMW motorcycle better on this site than on match.com or bikersanonymous.net or whatever? I don't know.

Well if they are looking for a specific model of machine, that's gonna make it Really hard!
I meet my love on-line thru yahoo personals, didn't say she had to ride or make any criteria really, just stated that I enjoyed it along with other activies I listed and left it up to the reader to decide if they felt like responding given my interests. I really think that is the only workable approch, once you start making a list of requirements that pretty much ensures few responders, IMHO.
Anyway, it worked for me! :lol

Well if they are looking for a specific model of machine, that's gonna make it Really hard!
I meet my love on-line thru yahoo personals, didn't say she had to ride or make any criteria really, just stated that I enjoyed it along with other activies I listed and left it up to the reader to decide if they felt like responding given my interests. I really think that is the only workable approch, once you start making a list of requirements that pretty much ensures few responders, IMHO.
Anyway, it worked for me! :lol

I met my sweetie live and in person, along with a couple of other crimeys of hers... When we started dating, I found that she absolutely LOVES to ride, MUST ride every weekend, and her passion for the sport matches mine. I got lucky, but I don't participate in on-line matchmaking, doesn't match my personality and way of thinkin', plus I get out a lot, instead of huddled over my computer...

A friend of mine started dating one of her crimeys about eight months ago...he is a self-proclaimed adrenaline junky, and at the time of their meeting, was healing from an injury sustained while riding his dirt bike. She's a mom with two adult kids, and one minor kid, 17 years old, and like a lotta moms and parents, considers motorcycle riding too risky when compared against the responsibilities of parenthood, notwithstanding the adult status of two of her kids, and the nearing of age of majority of the the other. So, he continues to ride alone, but loves her, so...I reckon it didn't work out so good in this respect for him...

Oh well...balance in all things, I reckon! For me, yes, it's important that they participate in this most important of all activities with me...for my friend, not so much...

The good news is...they followed us the other day while we were riding, in his pickup truck, and she saw that we were having such a good time, that she's beginning to crack a little bit... Give it a little time!!!

It's ok to post an opinion right? It could be that many people who lurk on this forum might actually join up or join in the discussion if what they see is what they like.

If all they see is a bunch of grumpy old men shooting down new ideas, they may choose to go elsewhere.

I mean, it's not like this club needs new members, right? :scratch

The forum's declining active participant’s does not need to be reversed, right? :scratch

I don't know, I've been watching this epic discussion and I'm so reminded of the opposing forces in play every time someone brings up anything on this forum that may constitute the word "new".

The "rules" provide a way to change things, the old "come back" is who's going to moderate the new forum, right? Put up or shut up. So you want a dating forum? Folow the rules...

If history repeats its self, beware because anything new can have the plug pulled twice as fast as it was created.

Good luck!

Just a thought.

Invisible friends

My favorite color is orange, I like walks on the beach, sunsets and puppies. Favorite beverage is India Pale Ale and my favorite food is India Pale Ale.

Rides airhead with moderate enthusiasm and my chicken strips are 15/32nds
wide.......

Seeks self perceived moto elitist with obsessivly maintained motorcycle and aerostich riding gear with whom to share rides, meals and stories.:type

My favorite color is orange, I like walks on the beach, sunsets and puppies. Favorite beverage is India Pale Ale and my favorite food is India Pale Ale.

Rides airhead with moderate enthusiasm and my chicken strips are 15/32nds
wide.......

Seeks self perceived moto elitist with obsessivly maintained motorcycle and aerostich riding gear with whom to share rides, meals and stories.:type

Heck, if it wasn't for that orange thing, I'd marry you! (I went to the University of South Carolina. We despise anything orange).

It's ok to post an opinion right? It could be that many people who lurk on this forum might actually join up or join in the discussion if what they see is what they like.

If all they see is a bunch of grumpy old men shooting down new ideas, they may choose to go elsewhere.

I mean, it's not like this club needs new members, right? :scratch

The forum's declining active participantÔÇÖs does not need to be reversed, right? :scratch

I don't know, I've been watching this epic discussion and I'm so reminded of the opposing forces in play every time someone brings up anything on this forum that may constitute the word "new".

The "rules" provide a way to change things, the old "come back" is who's going to moderate the new forum, right? Put up or shut up. So you want a dating forum? Folow the rules...

If history repeats its self, beware because anything new can have the plug pulled twice as fast as it was created.

Good luck!

Just a thought.

So unless every new idea is approved and accepted the forum is doomed? And from what I've seen there have been quite a few changes over the past year. And as many have pointed out, the club is about way more than just the forum and not every new idea has merit so I'd have to say you perhaps overstate your gloom and doom a tad. If the main focus of the club is BMW motorcycles and sharing the joy of ownership I can see that having a dating area may not fall within that scope since that is not so much about comradery of BMW ownership per se, as it is about well, dating. But If enough of the membership wants a dating area then perhaps it would happen at some point but lets face it the balance of female to male riders is still pretty lop-sided, though I guess that would work in favor of the ladies!
Look at it this way...Would it be reasonable to expect a proposal for starting a BMW specific discussion topic area on an online dating forum being accepted?

RM

Look at it this way...Would it be reasonable to expect a proposal for starting a BMW specific discussion topic area on an online dating forum being accepted?

RM

Good one. Now, it might, as a fetish!

The thing is, I don't mind a new forum, but I bet it would fizzle out quickly and not be used. But you can bet I'd be reading it and enjoying it while it lasted.

Hey, how about a swingers forum?

Good one. Now, it might, as a fetish!

The thing is, I don't mind a new forum, but I bet it would fizzle out quickly and not be used. But you can bet I'd be reading it and enjoying it while it lasted.

Hey, how about a swingers forum?

It looks like iCupid has failed our members. :laugh

I love dates. I get chopped dates rolled in buck wheat flower from the amish farmer near my house.
AAhh oh sorry wrong dates! :laugh:eat

I like dates with my morning oatmeal smash a banana on top.

Hey I have a good idea! Lets have a forum about dates! How many eat em and whwere the best dates are produced!

Better yet, a forum about breakfast..you know, breakfast of champions!

...nah...what was I thinking

I'll just go back to being grumpy

Back