• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sidecar gathering at 2011 National

glenfiddich wrote...
'Would this local restaurant happen to have a dog-friendly outside patio? At least one hungry hound would like to know...'

For now I've managed to sidestep this question. We will likely return to rally site for lunch.

Here is the current plan.
Leave Rally site around 1045am from site of sidecar seminar (9-1030am). Ride to Market Square, where we will have a block long area of street closed off for our use. This area includes the restored 1892 fountain...great photo op!
We will meet and greet from 11am-1230pm. Those who wish to stay can, the rest will ride back to rally site, and 'claim an open grassy section on-site' (GrafikFeat). We can disperse in search of calories at this time (1pm). Leaving the rigs parked together will supply a static display for fellow rally goers.
Activities 'on the square' include...Sidecars On The Square, RSquared and Old Timers In Town...BMWs will be featured in the town square from 11am through to 330-4pm. How cool is that!
I hope we get a great turn out for all three gatherings.

Sidecars In The Park

That is the name of the gathering we have here and it has been held at the Return To Trenton Rally but was originally envisioned as a mobile show and shine. Rita and I will be bringing our R1100 RT-P with the first Trip Teq "Heeler" sidecar imported to North America. Our Friend Michelle will also be riding her HD Sportster with a Velorex framed and "Heeler" bodied combonation. They left Holland on the 2 June and we will be working hard to have them ready for the National.
I have added a couple of youtube video links from Wunderlich reflecting thier installation of the Trip Teq "Heeler" on an R 1100 GS. This system when installed on the Oil Heads and some Hex Heads is designed to be a true 15 minute disconnect.

Cheers for now,
Tom O'Leary
R & T Motorrad
www.sidecarcanada.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwkbDNw3co&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYbTsrY2DVg&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuaZyqdB5Ac&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlKUTZe0RE&NR=1

Looking foward to seeing you Tom and Rita and Michelle...and your 'heelers'.
I've been trying to make it to 'Sidecars in the Park' for a couple of years now.
Someday soon I hope...

Even tho I'll be coming to the rally solo, I just may drive my R100RS-Motorvation rig. If I do, I'll definatly take time off from my First Aid duties and ride to the Square with you guys. See you there! :dance

107405527_ML36z-S.jpg

Then I can just hang out on the square for the RS gathering to follow the sidecar gathering. :laugh

Call to photographers...

If any of those attending are profficient with a camera, and well equiped, it would nice to have some quality pictures for publication.
If YOU are that person...pm me please.

Hank...It will good to see an RS hacked...looking foward to it!

I'll be there with my rig - can't wait to see/meet y'all.

--chiba

PS I'm good w/a camera & will be well equipped :)

OK chiba...you have been designated our 'official photographer'. :deal
Thanks for stepping foward.

GrafikFeat...when a man says he is 'well equiped', I take his word for it...

GrafikFeat...when a man says he is 'well equiped', I take his word for it...

I guess that puts a new meaning to a photo package! But, seriously, I am glad that someone that has the quality stuff will be there and working the crowd!

See y'all at 9 on Saturday!

I'm heading up tomorrow - not planning on taking a computer or even checking my e-mail while I'm gone. You know, like a real vacation!

I'm not going to make it unless the weather breaks. Temps in the high 90s isn't something I subject my dog to unless there is no alternative.

I'm leaving for the rally in a couple of hours...see you there!

Back