• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"New" BMW K1100RS

paratrooper34

"New" 1993 BMW K1100RS

Ok, I traded my 916 for a 93 K1100RS. I think my 916 was the better bike and it still cost me an additional $1,000, but I smiled the whole ride home on the BMW! Very comfortable to ride to say the least.

Now, I have a couple of questions that I am hoping you experienced riders could help out with:

1 - Does anyone reproduce the "K1100RS" decals that are on the side of the fairing? Cannot seem to find anything on the net.

2 - Do BMW dealers still have parts available for this bike? Especially tune up items (filters, plugs, pads, etc)

3 - What is the best source for used parts? Ebay has some stuff, and I see a couple of other smaller businesses, is one better than the other?

4 - What is the interchangeability between the 1100RS and other K bikes? For instance, will a starter from a 1100LT work on the RS?

Ok, that's all I have for now. I sure appreciate anyone's help with these. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I smiled the whole ride home on the BMW!

Welcome aboard, Para'34. You're smiling, you're in the right place.

1 - Does anyone reproduce the "K1100RS" decals that are on the side of the fairing? Cannot seem to find anything on the net.

I know of no repro decals. They may be available through a BMW dealer. BMW as a manufacturer is very good about making parts available for older machines.

2 - Do BMW dealers still have parts available for this bike? Especially tune up items (filters, plugs, pads, etc)

Absolutely. You'll also be able to find this stuff through Beemerboneyard.

3 - What is the best source for used parts? Ebay has some stuff, and I see a couple of other smaller businesses, is one better than the other?

Beemerboneyard and Blue Moon Cycle come to mind. I've dealt with the former; they're excellent.

4 - What is the interchangeability between the 1100RS and other K bikes? For instance, will a starter from a 1100LT work on the RS?

Likely so. Try researching the part numbers through an online BMW parts fiche (such as realoem.com, or Max BMW, to see if the part numbers match. You will also find some good technical info here: http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech.shtml

Paratrooper.

First of all, WELCOME.

Very good info here. Great group of folks.

dbrick gave you some excellent direction to start off. I have had good results with MaxBMW's parts dept- especially Rusty- he really knows K1100 bikes.

Happy miles on your brick.

John- northern N.H.

welcome aboard

I concur with suggestions above. For even more info you might want to check out k11og.org.:thumb

Back