• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yankee Beemers Frosty Nutz Campout 2011

bcusack

Frosty Nutz 2011- Ready for some camping?

The 2011 Yankee BeemerÔÇÖs Frosty Nutz campout is taking place April 29th ÔÇô May 1st, at Wilgus State Park in Ascutney Vt. (N43?? 23.397' W72?? 24.398') Wilgus State Park is situated on the VT / NH border, a beautiful setting on the banks of the Connecticut River in the heart of some of the best riding in New England. The park has many open tent sites and several lean-tos. Each site has a table and fire place and wood is available from the park at a reasonable cost. Modern restrooms and coin operated hot showers are available.

This is a great opportunity to meet many fellow riders, sit around the campfire with a beer or 12 and talk up all the great stuff you did to your bike over this long winter as well as get out for some long rides to really shake it down. We have had a lot of interest from first time campers and Wilgus is a great place to try it with the support of the many experienced campers in our group.

The Frosty Nutz outing will continue the tradition of being a simple camping event. Bring what you need for how you camp. This is the time to try out your new and old camping stuff, dust off the tent, fire up the Jet boil or make some tasty meals over the fire. There are several local restaurants for those who cook with their credit cards. We have had some great weather the past few years but donÔÇÖt let that fool you. Be prepared; snow, rain and wet riding conditions may happen as well as beautiful dry 70 degree days.

Cost for the weekend is covered for those with a YB gold card or 20 bucks a head for others. Mail your check to Wallace French, YB treasure, PO Box 505822 Chelsea Ma. 02150. Prepayment is appreciated but for the indecisive we will be happy to relieve you of your check or cash at the park. For those coming up Friday please do not arrive before 2:00 pm (IÔÇÖm working on it). Please be considerate of your fellow campers and do not set up tents inside the lean-tos.

This is gonna be a blast! I can already hear the sweet sounds of the lonesome weirdoes as the sun rises over the river.

Post up any questions or feel free to contact me directly. bcusack@comcast.net

Things you might see at the Frosty Nutz.

FNGRILL.jpg

MEONGRILLFN2010.jpg

WOW Brain - you must hungry - Meat, We gotta talk to Roy for more Elk meat - Scoot & Shoot - Friday night dinner was great - the frost Sat. morning on the tents was a +
See ya at Frosty Nutz :thumb

My guess (and it's just a guess mind you) is that it will NOT be as warm THIS year as it was LAST year??

All guessing aside...

My guess (and it's just a guess mind you) is that it will NOT be as warm THIS year as it was LAST year??

We know we will have a great time, my first year it was 40 degrees and rained all weekend and I still put down over 200 miles on Saturday. We came back to camp and cooked a great meal over the fire and had a few brews to top off the day...always a great time!

Back