• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Suds slingers sought!

Beer Choices

Hi Darryl:
Sorry, no Rolling Rock, BUT... This being Penn, WE WILL HAVE YEUNGLING!! Both Amber and Stout. For those of you not familiar with the area, this is the oldest privately owned brewery in America. PLUS, this is a local beer that actually tastes GREAT!
To all individual and club volunteers, please continue to contact either Randy, myself, or Martin, the volunteer chairman. We will need a lot of assistance this year.
Thank you in advance.
Jim Faucher : beer chair AKA MAD DOG:drink

Melissa Miller and I are in for a shift anytime Friday or Saturday. I am a Yuengling wholesale distributor in Tennessee, so it will be an honor to help serve Dick and family's fine portfolio of beers at the rally! :drink How do I formally sign up, at registration check-in or on the website somewhere?

Hi Darryl:
Sorry, no Rolling Rock, BUT... This being Penn, WE WILL HAVE YEUNGLING!! Both Amber and Stout. For those of you not familiar with the area, this is the oldest privately owned brewery in America. PLUS, this is a local beer that actually tastes GREAT!
To all individual and club volunteers, please continue to contact either Randy, myself, or Martin, the volunteer chairman. We will need a lot of assistance this year.
Thank you in advance.
Jim Faucher : beer chair AKA MAD DOG:drink

Yeungling Lager?????? LAGER PLEASE!

Raised on "33"

My first Rally is in my home town? I must work the beer tent! Yes I was raised on Genesee and Rolling Rock, I don't know how my baby picture got out! I want to help, already volunteered for rally check in desks.

1982 500 Maxim long, long gone
1976 900 kZ 900 long, long gone
1985 KLR 600 sleeping in the cave corner
2001 750 Monster Dark dearly missed
2003 1150rt treated me well, I feel bad
2008 R1200RT :hug

Is there a local microbrew that will be there?
Pennsylvania has a handful of Microbreweries but two (IMO) of notability are

Victory
http://victorybeer.com/

and Stoudt's
http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/brewery.html

both make really great beers and ales.

Troegs
is a brewery that's about a mile and a half from my house as the crow flies. they also make really nice beers and ales.

http://www.troegs.com/Default.aspx

this will be my first rally. i'd volunteer for a shift in the bier tent. seems like a great way to meet some folks. i volunteer my girlfriend too... i'm a beer enthusiast but never tended bar, she was a bartender in college.
i plan on being there early Thursday to set camp and then going home (Harrisburg) to get her after she gets off work. we'll be there together from Thurs night on.
i am also independently employed, so i could conceivably be there Wednesday to help set up or work a shift if need be.

if we can help, send PM or email.

Tom

this will be my first rally. i'd volunteer for a shift in the bier tent. seems like a great way to meet some folks. i volunteer my girlfriend too... i'm a beer enthusiast but never tended bar, she was a bartender in college.
i plan on being there early Thursday to set camp and then going home (Harrisburg) to get her after she gets off work. we'll be there together from Thurs night on.
i am also independently employed, so i could conceivably be there Wednesday to help set up or work a shift if need be.

if we can help, send PM or email.

Tom

You will have a great time working in the bier tent! And it is an excellent way to meet the RALLY! Find the list of the Beer Tent Chairs (on the rally web page)and send them a email volunteering you and your girlfriend to join the Beer Team. My recommendation is for you to come to the Rally on Wednesday. We always have a lot to do to set the Bier Tent set up. We have a pretty good-sized crowd on Wednesday :drinknights, and it should be an interesting group of bartenders (Gonzos and Chromeheads)for that night. I will be the Head Bartender for Wed. night, so you know it will be a fun shift!:D
Getting in to the Rally early is a good move for a "Rally Virgin". This will be a huge gathering of bikes and riders, and it can confuse someone who has not been to one of these MOA National Rallys.:scratch Lots of people and a lot going on. It's sorta like camping at a motorcycle state fair! Something quite different--remember,space dissipates quickly at these gatherings:brad
Let me know if you want to work on Wed. night--I will need to give the gate some names of the early volunteers:deal

thanks Rev!

Rev Willie,
i will PM the Bier tent Chair persons, i got the OK from Cynthia, i think she's excited about it.
don't see any reason why i cannot be there on Wed. for the set-up etc. but will have to go home to get her Thurs. afternoon due to her having short vacation time with her new job. as i planned to come in early Thursday to set up, then go get her anyway this only changes things marginally.

ciao 4 now
Tom

Rev Willie,
don't see any reason why i cannot be there on Wed. for the set-up etc. but will have to go home to get her Thurs. afternoon due to her having short vacation time with her new job. as i planned to come in early Thursday to set up, then go get her anyway this only changes things marginally.
Tom

Yes, Tom
You will find that getting your tent set up on Wednesday will be MUCH better than trying on Thursday (did you study the Oklahoma Land Rush in high school history?) Going out to pick her up in the afternoon will be much easier once you have dug-in for the weekend. Make friends with your neighbors!:dance

I've already sent Tom a reply. Welcome to the insanity! You'll enjoy it!

And again, we THANK all the folks who want to help out. The Rally wouldn't happen without all the volunteers!

I've already sent Tom a reply. Welcome to the insanity! You'll enjoy it!

And again, we THANK all the folks who want to help out. The Rally wouldn't happen without all the volunteers!

hi guys! and thanks. we are psyched.

volunteers DO make things happen.
i have done a fair amount of volunteering over the years, and that may be putting it lightly. perusing this thread yesterday, it just FELT like the thing to do! i mean, isn't the Grande Marque or Beer Tent the center of every rally? if not it SHOULD be! :doh

tho this'll be my first BMWMOA rally, i have been to other rallies (Finger Lakes '09, 45th BSA International, Isle Of Man, '08) and numerous other less well known events where there were up to 30,000 people camped over a huge area... so yeah, i'm up on how crowded & complex it might get for us. *intimate* is a word that comes to mind. making friends with the neighbors won't be a problem. it's just what you DO. we actually have friends we made at the Finger Lakes Rally a couple years ago, so i plan to touch base with them to see if they're coming up. and i'm certain i'll have various other buddies in camp from all over PA.

Randy, i hear the advice on not trying to do too much... no worries! i'm sure it'll all settle out. also, thanks for the gracious invite- we'd be most pleased to have you show us about and introduce us around camp if the timing allows for it.
now that you have my email addy, don't hesitate to contact me if you should feel the need for any reason between now and then.

have a great day, everybody!
TTYL
Tom

Beer!

Just back from the GREAT CHICKEN RALLY!! Now it's time to switch gears for Bloomsburg. I'll be there on Sunday the 17th.For any first-timers, welcome, and look for the engineer's hat. Thank you beer team for working with the volunteering requests. Randy, I've got a NEW England club raring to go, so I'll call you so see who has committed so far, and for when.
Jim F. aka MAD DOG beer co-chair:drink

Hey OBMWM, you're volunteering for the same stuff as me. :thumb Wonder what the chances are we'll end up in the same golf cart? :lurk

Manicmechanic - an earlier email I sent to the Volunteer committee should have wound its way to the beer committee. I've also volunteered for Gates/Security and should be arriving by early dinner time on Wed (I hope).

Typically after a long ride I'm still pumped up and unless Gates/Security assigns me a shift Wed evening I can certainly do a shift in the beer garden that evening.

Back