• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmet visor & windscreens

Does anyone use Pledge lemon furniture polish??

God Bless America,
pipestone

I used it for quite a few years. I've been using Plexus now for the last few years and I honestly don't notice much difference.

I use Honda "Spray Cleaner and Polisher". I get it from the local Honda dealer. Works great to clean and polish the paint and windshield as well as your helmet visor. They warn you on the can to NOT use it on your seat as it would make it too slick.

Plexus for plastiglass, Can-Do for plastic, S100 wash in between. Takes 20 minutes.

Pledge...tried it...hated it. Seems to leave an oily residue that just attracts/holds dust and dirt. Years ago nearly ruined a screen (Pacifico Aero fairing) with Pledge as it started to change the color of the plastic in heavy sunlight.

I use Plexus or Meguiar's plastic polish. Both of those are formulated specifically to CLEAN plastic.

Just two more cents worth of advice. YMMV :brad

Cheers!

Windex makes a cleaner with no amonia that works great on windshields and visors.
God bless everyone, no exceptions.

Another Pledge user here. I've been using it for years on everything and have never had a problem.

I grew up around private aircraft and I remember the most popular thing to use back in the 60's was indeed Pledge.

+1 for Plexus

I have Meguiars from Wally world or O'reillys is cheaper and easier to buy. as to Pledge, I'll donaye this as a lifelong woodworker: It is not good for your furniture either, that is if its made of real wood! A woodworker cringes at the thought of Pledge and its high water content and silicone on fine furniture. Also as it has silicone not so paint freindly for vehicles either due to silicone contamination factor .

Back