• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Half motorcycle cover

Jon

Wave to motorcycle cops
Wondering if anyone uses a half moisture / dust cover on their LT when traveling? Is it worth the storage space?

Always carry one when traveling overnight. Keeps the dew/rain off the vital parts saving time on departure. I carry mine in a small dry sack so it doesn't get my other gear wet.

Wondering if anyone uses a half moisture / dust cover on their LT when traveling? Is it worth the storage space?

When I had a K12LT I used an EZ Touring Traveler "A" which is closer to a 2/3 cover. I used that exact same Traveler "A" on the K11LT that preceded the K12LT and on the R1150RT that followed as well as my current R1200GS. It has proven to be a very versatile and long lived cover. The traveler "A" looks like this on an LT.

P9110034.JPG

+1 on the EZ covers, I use a Traveler (1/2 cover), and though my bike is a lot smaller (;)) than an LT, I think these covers are quite handy. Packs small enough that it's always stored in the sidecase when not deployed on the bike. I've even left it on the bike when hauling my S to Nevada, snug fit and it doesn't move around at all in the back of the F-150.

When touring, it's nice to come out in the morning, take the dew laden cover off, give it a few shakes and pack it away. I prefer to start my days ride with a dry "saddle". :whistle The EZ is a bit more expensive than some covers, but I like that you can get it in a variety of colors...

Good luck!

The only times I lug the cover is when I'm in Pittsburgh for the week where there's no garage and the bike stays parked for the duration in favor of using a bicycle while in the city.

Personally, I don't find it worth the space to carry the cover while touring, too bulky.

+3 on the EZ Tour

keeps, rain, dew, dust and prying eyes off of the bike. Usually i don't even remove my tank bag if the cover is on, sometimes i even put my riding jacket under the cover along with my helmet, if i am camping nearby.

I have three of them, and use them often.

Back