• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Don't buy insurance from a green lizzard

Local PD and muni get the fine $$ and the insurance company gets the increased rate $$. Sounds like a win-win to me... :hungover:rolleyes:rolleyes

It is the selective enforcement that I have an issue with. Hell I wish they would enforce certain traffic laws that have more to do with safety than just cherry picking speeders all day long .in the name of "Safety"

Rick G

Completely agree. but what do you do when the fine structure itself is idiotic? Does not the fine structure encourage certain types of enforcement, and de facto show social priorities? I have been to traffic court in California, and watched how the fines for, say, 10-15 over on the freeway, were several times those for running red lights or stopsigns. I have watched LEO's observe , and join, cars not two car lengths apart going 70, and no one got pulled over. How safe is that?

I wonder if there is data available on proportion of tickets per type of offense? Common sense tells you that right of way, not speed, violations, are the primary cause of traffic accidents. How does LEO leadership really set their priorities? As a practical matter, it would seem on a 2 out of 3 basis for below:

Which offense is more dangerous?
Which is easier to enforce?
Which produces more $$$ for the public employee time spent per citation?

Geico also funded laser equipment development and purchases.

Their TV campaign is incredibly expensive and who do you think is paying for it? They also waste money on a lot of direct mail campaigns. Like the big drug companies, its a fair bet that marketing is a very large part of their budget- not a very admirable approach for an insurance company though it might be good for their exec bonuses.

It is one of a handful of American businesses that will never get a penny of my money. They are not on the driver's side.

Foremost Insurance Group (owned by Farmers Insurance) is a great company for motorcycles, boats, ATVs, motor homes, etc.

This is a biased opinion......see below:)

Back