• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

06 K GT Stalling

BANZIBRIAN

I bought an 06 1200gt about a year ago and I love the bike. However I'm having the occasional stalling problem. Stalls while coasting to a stop or sitting stopped at a light. At first it seemed to only happen when it was hot out and in heavy stop and go traffic. I have read the posts about the vacume in the tank but I've never had a hard time getting the filler cap open. It has been to the dealer several times and seems to be getting worse as now it even happens in cool weather and engine temp. Dealer is baffled and is in contact with engineers. Bike goes in for a week at a time and dealer is 150 miles away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a permanent fix?

I don't know what the problem might be, but if you have access to a GS-911 tool, you could set it up to do some data logging while you're riding. The tool can log all the operating parameters from the on board systems through the bluetooth connection to a cell phone or smart phone. You may then be able to identify an intermittant anomaly occuring in the system which is causing the stalling.

I have had the problem with an 07 GT. Replacing the crank (case) sensor did the trick.

I bought an 06 1200gt about a year ago and I love the bike. However I'm having the occasional stalling problem. Stalls while coasting to a stop or sitting stopped at a light. At first it seemed to only happen when it was hot out and in heavy stop and go traffic. I have read the posts about the vacume in the tank but I've never had a hard time getting the filler cap open. It has been to the dealer several times and seems to be getting worse as now it even happens in cool weather and engine temp. Dealer is baffled and is in contact with engineers. Bike goes in for a week at a time and dealer is 150 miles away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a permanent fix?

06 gt stalling

Thanks guys, I just got the bike back after being in the shop for 2 weeks. I got a 5 page report of what has been looked at and tested. The factory has been involved with this and no one really seems to know what is causing this problem. The bike is running great since picking up and I took it through town in stop and go traffic and got the bike warm on a warm day. So far its running great, however I'm not going to say it's fixed until more time is put on the bike. Brian

Still running ok? If not, the updated software for the K1300 bikes that were doing the same thing, fixed them. I also know of a K1200 that did that same thing and updating the software fixed it too. Perhaps your dealer did a software update and that is why your bike is running ok.

1200 GT stalling

Thanks, its still running great! However the software up grade was one of the first things they tried and that didnt seem to help. Warmer weather is not to far off so we'll see if that brings the problem back. It use to only stall when it was hot out. Then even in cool weather. I'll post again if it comes back. Brian

Thanks, its still running great! However the software up grade was one of the first things they tried and that didnt seem to help. Warmer weather is not to far off so we'll see if that brings the problem back. It use to only stall when it was hot out. Then even in cool weather. I'll post again if it comes back. Brian

A friends GT also with these symptoms required a new air box which fixed it...just remembering that now...

k1200 stalling

The air box was the second thing they replaced to the tune of $400 and that didn't fix it. After that though they did all work for free since they gauranteed their work.

k1300 stalling

Mine was stallng under the same circumstances and all they had to to was reset the fuel vaules in the fuel mapping and i haven't had a problem yet. good luck

Back