• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Park&Move

RCHARVEY6712

Shoot me if this isn't the right place for this...

Last year I bought a product that I love, the ParkNMove from LegalSpeeding.com.
It has a lifetime warranty. I really love the product, until a few weeks ago.
The casters began to degrade, splitting, cracking and generally coming apart.

I attempted to contact Aaron at Legal Speeding. His phone is non-responsive (vmail is full), and I've gotten no response yet from email. (It's only been a few days - I should be patient.)

Has anyone had any issues with this company, specifically 'honoring the warranty'? Anyone know how to get ahold of the distributor via another phone number? I've tried their ordering line, searched the website, no answers...!)

I really like the product - but the caster self destruction has rendered it unusable.

Anybody know another recourse? I assume this is a resale product, and that the manufacturer would honor the warranty. Anyone know who that would be?

(No- I'm not overloading it. An R1200RT sits on the dolly, and the floor is a nice smooth concrete with no seams or cracks. )

I don't know squat about these guys.

Sometimes it's just easier (not to mention a lot less aggravating) to deal with warranty "problems" yourself. i.e. measure those caster and buy some new ones.

I'd go with a solid steel caster for this application. A bit noisier, but would definitely end the "degrade, splitting, cracking and generally coming apart" issues. They usually run between $8-15.

[edit]>There THEY'RE everywhere, but Northern Tool is good source.

As you've probably guessed, patience is not one of my fortes.

Last edited:
Planet Feedback

I know nothing about these guys, but have found an effective avenue to get companies to be responsive to their customers. It took a letter to BMW regarding warranty issues to get them to pay up as per the motorcycle warranty. BMW responded with a check. One company completely disregarded the letter through Planet Feedback. Win some, loose some. I have no affiliation with this outfit other than the success with a single letter.

In the mean time, getting replacement casters sounds like a good idea.

Can't hurt to try. The link is http://www.planetfeedback.com/ Good luck.

I was thinking about buying one of those. I'd check with the Chamber of Commerce in the city where the business is located. See if they have any information about the company being in business.

I'd be interested in what happens.

Mary
2007 R1200RT

Update:

I've read a lot about the product on various forums. It appears the manufacturer had a bad run of casters. Looks like others (recently) have been able to get replacements without too much hassle. (2-3 emails, etc.)

I'm just gonna keep trying.
Meanwhile, thanks for the advice on the steel casters - that may ultimately be the solution.

That's absolutely accurate. He did have a bad run of wheels. And that's about the right time-frame.

Mine cratered on me as well. I called and got straight through. Left a voicemail and he returned my call within the hour. I had two bad ones - he shot me replacements straight away.

Excellent guy to deal with, no hassle and I'm happy. I'd say give him some time. He may be out riding some where fun.....

Excellent guy to deal with, no hassle and I'm happy. I'd say give him some time. He may be out riding some where fun.....

This is great to hear. Nothing like a small, innovative, American business taking care of it's customers!
usa_3a.gif

I'm going to guess he's on a long ride. I'm going to wait out another week. No reason for me to panic, it's a friggin dolly!

While we're waiting for him to get back from the ride...perhaps a wee bit of thread-wandering:

[hijack]
Do you like the functionality of the Park&Move? How much additional effort is needed to get an RT up on it?
[/hijack]

Could't resist...sorry,

It took a bit of 'learning' to get the process down... maybe 5 minutes.
Honestly, the RT comes up on the dolly pretty easily - either in neutral or in gear. (With or without all the top/side bags - no matter) Typically, I'm doing it in gear - but it is a tad bit easier in neutral. The key seems to be, as with deployment of any center stand, the coordination of foot down, light pressure up on the right hand holding the pillion grab bar, with left hand steady on the handlebar. I've never felt like I was going to drop it, never felt like it was going to scoot outta my way, it's pretty darn stable.

I think I learned pretty quickly where to position the dolly so that I didn't have any interference from the centerstand's 'foot lever' and the casters. The first time you position the dolly so that those two items are in conflict, you'll see what I mean. If they touch, it's hard to roll around. (One caster wont swivel)

I've rarely used the wheel locks. My garage is perfectly flat and smooth. The device serves the purpose of 'batmobile spin around and be ready' for me. Occasionally, I'll move the bike to sweep or something.

When the bike is up on the stand, the front wheel is (obviously) touched down. This makes for a bit of challenge if you want to move the bike left-right. I find an 'arc' is the easiest way to describe the move.

If I can't get satisfaction from LegalSpeeding (the owner's probably out riding in Peru for a few weeks) then I'll eventually find replacement casters. I like the device, and can't imagine my garage without it.

Is that helpful?

rcharvey6712,
I have an additional question for you. I've thought of getting something like this, but have been dragging my feet. Why did you choose the ParkNMove over other similar products?

I have a small half inch pine board I put under the rear wheel and then pop it up on the P~N~M. 2007 RT. Loaded bags, tour pack and full fuel cell, no problem.

I bought the P~N~M becasue the similar items are all about the same price, Legal Speeding started it and has a good reputation for a quality product and takign care of the customer - which he certainly has for me.

They have those here in Germany for $50. I have taken a good look at them and they are well made. Most MC accessory stores have them. Why the are priced so high in the US is beyond me.

I have a few Park and Moves. Some bikes are easier than others to use on the P&M. My R12RT, R12R and Annie's 07 F650GS work well. My GSPD works just okay because the center stand footprint is so large that it can drag; I can get it to work but it is a pain. With Annie's F650GS twin it is seemingly impossible to use the P&M because of the centerstand dragging.

Update:

LegalSpeeding Contacted me today, and 4 new casters are on the way.

I love dealing with individuals rather than huge corporations.

(Hey, the little pine board idea is a good one. I'm not having difficulty with the RT, but on a heavier bike - that could be very handy)

(Re: Why did I pick this over others? Mostly the forums reviews. Everybody was happy with this one. I knew I wanted a device that only touched the centerstand - not both tires etc... I knew I wanted a device that could get out of the way when I wasn't using it - I didn't want a big turntable (ie: Jay Leno Style) in my garage... )

I've got one too...

...for my 08 GSA and there is no issue with it. Bike goes on easy and rolls around excellent in the garage when this year had to keep moving it to get to the snowblower!

Found it durable and very quick to learn operation!

Back