Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: e-bay experience

  1. #1
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187

    e-bay experience

    just so you know

    a few weeks ago i ordered a BMW watch off e-bay - it was 40 pounds i think - 74 bucks - after my pay-pal cleared i got notice that the watch would be sent out via air - just a few days later the watch came - i felt it was strange that there wasn't a return address - - all the stamps were from Hong Kong - the watch came in a very nice padded container - beautiful watch - only problem was the hands just spun around on the center stem - it was defective - so i send a very nice e-mail to the sell (who has a very high rating on e-bay) - couple days no answer - another couple days i sent another very nice e-mail - sent another one 2 days later - so i'm now pissed right - so with the help of friends & family i send a few hundred e-mails - nothing - i filed a complant wit Pay-Pay - they said that they would get in touch with the sender - 10 days later i got a note from pay Pal saying that the seller did nor respond to them & that Pay Pal had credited my account for the full amount - i didn't know PayPal would do that but they did - tommy

  2. #2
    USERNAME
    Guest
    a word to the wise - find out where your stuff is shipping from - there is a lot of weird counterfeit bmw stuff that ships out of hong kong. knick knack type stuff. if it's coming from hong kong, it's likely crap.

    i got pseudo-burned on an item, and now i only buy from "normal" folks in the states.

  3. #3
    HODAG
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy
    just so you know

    a few weeks ago i ordered a BMW watch off e-bay - it was 40 pounds
    who needs a 40 pound watch? how big of arms do you have tommy? maybe I don't want to be throwing snowballs at you.
    actually i buy stuff from Europe, and have been lucky so far. some day over a few beers I'll tell you the deal I got on an ohlins shock.
    Mark

  4. #4
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark11LT
    who needs a 40 pound watch? how big of arms do you have tommy? maybe I don't want to be throwing snowballs at you.
    actually i buy stuff from Europe, and have been lucky so far. some day over a few beers I'll tell you the deal I got on an ohlins shock.
    Mark

  5. #5
    El Dookey loves to ride. 99007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ada, MI (outside Grand Rapids)
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by username
    a word to the wise - find out where your stuff is shipping from - there is a lot of weird counterfeit bmw stuff that ships out of hong kong. knick knack type stuff. if it's coming from hong kong, it's likely crap.
    i got pseudo-burned on an item, and now i only buy from "normal" folks in the states.
    what he said. i used to wonder why big companies like tiffany spend time suing over knock-offs (they have launched a suit against e-bay because they documented that well over 50% of the "tiffany" items sold on e-bay are counterfeit). then a lady came in our store with a sterling silver "tiffany" bracelet that needed to be made a little longer.
    it sure looked like tiffany to me - even down to the bag and box the lady had it in. she told me her daughter travelled to china and bought it for her there for $5 USD. (a real tiffany bracelet like she had sells for $220 or so) scary stuff. no wonder tiffany is so honked off.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

  6. #6
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    wonder how much it will cost to get repaired -
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Salem, OH
    Posts
    2,888
    Tommy on the copies, sometimes you have to really feel for the notch to wind them. it may be half way in or another step out. The Chinese make Rolex products that can fool dealers. DAMHIKT
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

  8. #8
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    Tommy on the copies, sometimes you have to really feel for the notch to wind them. it may be half way in or another step out. The Chinese make Rolex products that can fool dealers. DAMHIKT
    the hands are loose on that center pin - i was at a BMW auto dealer the other day - this appears to be the same watch they sell for 180 bucks - you know BMW don't make the watches - who knows - the seller has like 4,000 happy customers -

  9. #9
    El Dookey loves to ride. 99007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ada, MI (outside Grand Rapids)
    Posts
    2,045
    tommy - it should not cost you very much to get a watch person to put the hands back on - if that is the only problem. i would do it for you if you lived around here. if you can't find anyone, shoot me an e-mail and we can make arrangements for you to mail/ship it to me. it probably just got shook up on the journey from hong kong to you!

    shoot - the more i thnk about it, you could probably do the fix yourself. does the watch back pop off or screw off? (looks like it should screw off, but if it is a good fake it probably is screwed on...) anyway, i can probably handle it if you do not want to mess with it.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

  10. #10
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    we have a shop across town i'm going to take it to tomorrow - i was thinking about taking it apart - if i do i might drop you a fine for some help - i'll keep ya posted - tommy

  11. #11
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    tommy - it should not cost you very much to get a watch person to put the hands back on - if that is the only problem. i would do it for you if you lived around here. if you can't find anyone, shoot me an e-mail and we can make arrangements for you to mail/ship it to me. it probably just got shook up on the journey from hong kong to you!

    shoot - the more i thnk about it, you could probably do the fix yourself. does the watch back pop off or screw off? (looks like it should screw off, but if it is a good fake it probably is screwed on...) anyway, i can probably handle it if you do not want to mess with it.
    got her fix'd 10 bucks - he said it's a pretty good watch - all metal inside - not a bad deal - tommy

  12. #12
    El Dookey loves to ride. 99007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ada, MI (outside Grand Rapids)
    Posts
    2,045

    Thumbs up

    good report. actually i was hoping you would send it to me and then i was gonna tell you it got lost in the mail so i could keep it on account of i thought it was a coolio looking timepiece.
    (the preceeding was a joke and in no way does the author wish to express or imply that he or any of his associates would ever, ever, ever steal a watch - even a really cool BMW watch that would look really good if he was wearing it. heck no - i am not jealous because tommy has a watch AND lives in california. no problem...i like snow and really gray skies day after day after day. izzit time for my meds?)
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

  13. #13
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    cliffy poo - i been lukin all over for BMW Breifs - man i was thinkin we had everything here in Kalifornia - i bet Kabasa has some - but he has the money to have them custom made - me - i'm poor - i have to buy off e-bay - thomas

  14. #14
    Rally Rat tommyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Marysville,CA USA
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    good report. actually i was hoping you would send it to me and then i was gonna tell you it got lost in the mail so i could keep it on account of i thought it was a coolio looking timepiece.
    (the preceeding was a joke and in no way does the author wish to express or imply that he or any of his associates would ever, ever, ever steal a watch - even a really cool BMW watch that would look really good if he was wearing it. heck no - i am not jealous because tommy has a watch AND lives in california. no problem...i like snow and really gray skies day after day after day. izzit time for my meds?)
    hey cliffy poo - you know anything about rolex's - i got a womens that i'm guessing from the 20's or 30's - i never luk'd to see when they fired up for business - it's a danity little thing - gold of coarse and the band is gold but you talk about tiny! - 'lli try to find it & take a pic - only thing wrong with it is the stem comes completly out if your not careful - i would think there must be some collectors value there - know any hitters - i picked it up at a gun/knife show in Texas a few years ago - tommy

  15. #15
    HODAG
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    i was gonna tell you it got lost in the mail so i could keep it on account of i thought it was a coolio looking timepiece.
    ( i am not jealous because tommy has a watch AND lives in california. no problem...i like snow and really gray skies day after day after day.
    Maybe we can still work something out, you can have the watch if I get whats in his pockets after we knock him unconscious with ice balls??
    I hope that watch is rain and mud proof.
    Mark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •