• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gear Guide for Big Girls

Thanks Voni!

I was just having a discussion with a friend about women's gear for full-figured gals - she ordered a pair of XXL pants that didn't fit her but fit a friend who was probably a size 10!

I am passing it along to her too!

Same here;

The guy's wear is sized about the same way! I bought a 3X pant that would fit a size 38 waist in mens wear(Tour Master)? Go figure. Good luck. Randy

The guy's wear is sized about the same way! I bought a 3X pant that would fit a size 38 waist in mens wear(Tour Master)? Go figure. Good luck. Randy

Hearing this makes me feel better, thanks! :laugh
My Darien pants shrink in storage every winter...

boots

I'm having trouble finding boots that fit my calves and ankle. My calves are large and my right ankle is larger than normal because through the years it's been broken 2 times and sprained countless times. Anyone know of any riding boots out there with for larger calves?

Santiago Boot

I got the Santiago boot because of the generous Velcro flap over the calf and the adjustable locking buckles. I find them extremely comfortable in all temperatures as well.

Attachments

• SantiagoBoots.jpg
    SantiagoBoots.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 270
I'm having trouble finding boots that fit my calves and ankle. My calves are large and my right ankle is larger than normal because through the years it's been broken 2 times and sprained countless times. Anyone know of any riding boots out there with for larger calves?

Try on a pair of BMW Allaround boots.
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=44790

They zip up and have a very large velcro flap. You might be able to partially zip up and then adjust with the large flap.

I have narrow feet and skinny legs, so I actually pull the flap around more to fit me. I wish I could say I am still skinny but I'm not.

The boots are at least partially adjustable and might work out for you. They have a Gore-Tex membrane to keep your feet reasonably dry in the rain.

Harry

I never think of BMW because of the cost but these are right in line with other manufacturers. I currently have a pair of Sidi sympantx but they are starting to leak and are quite beat up. Looked for Sidis again but couldn't seem to find any just like my old ones. My current ones use a gortex gater with rapid close cord inside then all velcro on outside. No zipper. The zipper seems to be the problem closing over the ankle.
thanks, both boots look promising, I'll check them out.

If you're happy with the Sidi boots, you might want to look at these:

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-combat-lite-boots.html

made by Sidi, speed laces, no zipper. I tried on a pair while at Aerostich a couple of years ago. Very comfy.

My current pair of Sidi's (Way Tepors) are going to be retired at the end of this season and the Combat Lites will be replacing them.

I did look at these but was a little concerned about the buckle if it isn't adjustable. Also not waterproof. But plan on checking these out on our way down through Duluth.
Thanks again.

I got the Santiago boot because of the generous Velcro flap over the calf and the adjustable locking buckles. I find them extremely comfortable in all temperatures as well.

I have the massive German calf/ankle syndrome.
My boot of choice is the dead-dry-all-day-in-the-rain Daytona GoreTex- they're built like skiboots,
with an inner and outer boot, and they have a massive Velcro adjustible pleat in the back.
Price point is high, but I find them completely reliable (I am on my second pair in 12 years)
and I have a new pair already on hand for when the current ones need replacement.

(I borrowed these pics from an excellent writeup elsewhere with more detailed pics and order info,
I'd be glad to PM the link to any interested parties)

676095635_Mt2uj-L.jpg

676096384_kA9NZ-L.jpg

Dainese Visoke

I have the same problem, and when my boots died on day 2 of a 4-month trip through the Americas, I hit RevZilla in Philly and tried on every pair of boots they had in stock...

The only pair of boots that had enough adjustment to fit in the calf and still fit in the footbed were the Dainese Visoke D-WP Boots. The price point is high but they're waterproof, very protective and literally the only pair of boots in the entire place that would fit me in the calf. I loved them, though - they gave me a bit more height which helped with maneuvering my bike at low speed/uneven terrain.

I feel your pain! Good luck!

Back