• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What to eat while in Bloomburg???

Greetings
If your group is looking for a meeting type room in downtown Bloomsburg I would try Harry's or Kristy's. Both can handle a group of 20.
Harry's has a very good bottled beer list and the pub fare is equally good. Lunch is always good. I would not know about diners. I am sure that Harry's is always good, they have been in business a long time.
I have heard Kristy's has the best draft list in town right now. (Kristy's and Russsell's share beer and a kitchen) Kristy's is newer while Russell's is somewhat dated. Both had great food, beer and service, in their day, but we have not eaten there since new ownership but I have heard they are still good.
La Fontana & Rose Maries's would be tight for 20 but the food is good. La fontana carries local brews.

If you are looking for an informal group dinner I would reconmend the The Capitol Restaurant & Chumley's Bar http://capitolrestaurantandbar.com/aboutus.html The chef was Russell's long term chef and is very good, with good service even on a packed night. The beer list is very good. They will be be showing The Wild One during the rally. Movie and a Diner is a great night, you do not need to stay and watch the whole movie.

If you want to have a blast rent then the The Moose Exchange bowling lanes for a few hours http://mooseexchange.org/site/?page_id=11 It is BYOB and order food from anywhere in town. The more people you have the more fun you will get.

Enjoy Bloomsburg
Tony

if it helps..

I want to eat a very good cheese steak...where are the best cheese steaks at?

Thanks.

I found a great one in Bethlehem today called 'Mike's Steaks'. That's a big compliment since I sell cheesesteak meat for a living and they do not buy mine:dunno

North of Bloom

I live in Benton, so I'm a little biased, but if you're headed up to Rickett's Glen there are a lot of places worth a look on the way back to Bloom. A plus for a lot of the restaurants there is that you can dine inside or outside, so if the weather is nice that's a huge plus. The Brass Pelican is great, but my favorite is the Old Filling Station restaurant. They have a coy pond outside on their outside area adding to the amazing view,and if you're a fan of it, they make good Thai food. If you have a large group, I'd definitely think about a place called Creekside In Orangeville. On the weekend they have a meal called a "Trash Bash," come hungry, it'll fill up 4-5 people, it's a big serving of BBQ fare served on a (clean) trash can lid. They also have Buckwheat cakes like the Brass Pelican for breakfast and an ice cream stand. They have daily specials, I'd take a look at their sign on your way by to see.

Back