• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What to take?

The Blue Max
Hi, am going over to Europe for two months, am pretty good with my old Nikon F90 but time to get modern and go digital? Probably stay with Nikon for lens reasons. Also told to take a laptop to edit/store photos. What about one of these fancy camcorder units? Presuming there are photo gurus here, any recommendations?:dunno:confused:

If traveling by bike, keep it simple. Many new DSLRs have some type of video capabilities. My Canon 5D Mark II DSLR takes high def videos too, but it is large and heavy.

Best place to do research is here. http://www.dpreview.com/ This site is unbiased and will give you facts, figures, and examples of each camera. However, it does not address video cameras.

I do not use Nikon, so I cannot tell you what would be compatible with your lenses. I would look at the DSLR solution for both your photos and videos.

Enjoy your trip.

Going Digital

If you have "f" mount lenses and want to keep the body small and light you might want to take a look at the Nikon D3100. It's much better than the older D3000, and you can use the same lenes.

Thanks for the replies, has made my decision quick & easy. Based on the first reply & info on the research site, settled on the D3100 as recommended by the second reply.:clap. A local outift has a sale on it with 18-55 & 55-200 mm lenses. Am taking my RT over with me btw and hope to post some of the pictures. What a great site this is!

Don't forget. You'll need a converter to run the laptop and recharge camera batteries since their electrical systems are different than ours.

Voni
sMiling

Back