• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Thanks Shane!

Fin up. Nice vid on the mock up.

Yes, the R100 mono project has taken on a life of its own. What happened to my XS650 project? Or the new clutch for the /5, the RaceTech springs and emulators for the R80RT? :violin

I'll upload some video soon of the finding, buying and the arrival of the R100 at the Clymer Tech center the other night.

Thanks

Thanks Shane!

Fin up. Nice vid on the mock up.

Yes, the R100 mono project has taken on a life of its own. What happened to my XS650 project? Or the new clutch for the /5, the RaceTech springs and emulators for the R80RT? :violin

I'll upload some video soon of the finding, buying and the arrival of the R100 at the Clymer Tech center the other night.

If James says Fin up, it is unanimous, we will be installing our R12 exhaust FIN UP, Bill Hamilton of Hamilton Classics who did my Porsche also chimed in and he said the only time you see a Fin Down is with a dead fish and your bike is definately not that, so that is what we are going with, thanks guys!

Sincerely,
Shane

Hey the Clymer Iron Cross Cafe is taking on a life of its own! From classified ad to the concept in a few days. Let's see if my enthusiasm doesn't wane. A buddy sent me some XS650 start up clips. Mine doesn't run :banghead

I'm going to sit down with one of our freelance illustrators and do a pencil sketch of the R100 Iron Cross idea. She'll of course be looking at your fantastic SC.

Tags: Clymer R100RT mono monoshock cafe flatracer.com curvesahead transport

Very Cool Indeed

I'm going to sit down with one of our freelance illustrators and do a pencil sketch of the R100 Iron Cross idea. She'll of course be looking at your fantastic SC.

Dear James, that is stupendous! If you can scan the sketch and share it with all of us that would be very cool. A Clymer Iron Cross Cafe racer using my Porsche for inspiration, what an honor, thanks for thinking so highly of meycar. I wish you all the luck with your Cafe Racer and if there is anything you need from me, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Shane

Last edited:
This is a great thread, nicely done bike!

Anyone of you modders know how to do this seat and Cowl to a '92 Monoshock?

!Bu!Y+)!BWk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBL-dkzhLo!~~_3.jpg

Pipes and Exhaust

We have sent in the header pipes and the exhaust to be coated, I will let you know when we get them back, I am so happy with our decision to incorporate the old BMW R12 exhaust into my 70's Cafe, I have not seen it done before and we are always trying to incorporate new design concepts, thanks everyone for continuing to follow.

Thanks,
Shane

Seat and Pan

We are ready for some upholstery for the seat. I am going to ask Auto's International if they can duplicate the leather and white stitch as they did on my Porsche, since it is a sister bike to my car I want the upholstery to match in type and style.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 10-24-11_6.jpg
    10-24-11_6.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 270
Another Look

Another look at the seat and pan from the side.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 10-24-11_1 Seat and Pan.jpg
    10-24-11_1 Seat and Pan.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 265
Off to Jet Hot

We have finished up the exhaust before going off to Jet Hot for coating, the assure us that there will be no discoloration to the pipes like commonly seen on chrome pipes. Looking forward to see them come back. R12 exhaust on my R75 is cool as hell!

Shane

Attachments

• 10-26-11_3.jpg
    10-26-11_3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 275
The Most Beautiful Photo of a Woman on a BMW

This is hands down the best picture I have ever run across with a woman on a BMW bike, it is so authentic in every way! The way the motion is captured is amazing, looks like she is doing 300mph.

Marianne Weber in 1952 speed testing the R68.

Check out the R12 exhaust, just likes ours, but ours will be fin up!

Just had to share some eye candy with my thread followers.

Thanks,
Shane

Back